Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
^^^
:orks:

They're just testing multiplayer and the launcher, not the Galaxy client itself. just download the game and play to test it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
I was a little greedy and took both of those, I want to thank you for sharing!

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Mierenneuker posted:

If you're not getting a second stamp, logging out and in will do the trick.

Thanks man, was a bit confused.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Haven't gotten my e-mail yet, how long does it take?

Edit:

GreenNight posted:

Took around 4 hours here.

Ah okay, thanks mate.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 18, 2014

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Saw some videos of pixel piracy and it looked interesting, was looking forward to buying it when it was finished.

Guess it's not worth my money. :sigh:

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Twobirds posted:

Project Zomboid still isn't out?

Wow, how long has it been? I remember hearing about this game years ago thinking that I'll wait until it's finished, then I forgot it ever existed.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
If you e-mail them they will send you a new key.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Wow, they finally got the only game in the franchise that people care about. It's weird that it took them so long since Steam had had this for ages now.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

obese retard posted:

Battle Realms:
3C434-8999B-F72F9-176F3

Thanks! :D

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
drat, I wanted Superhot, Shadow Warrior 2 is probably good though, heard good things about the first one. :)

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

SelenicMartian posted:

Wait, has gog redesign removed the ability to search for games from before a specific year?

Guess they thought the feature was underused or they don't want the site to be associated with old games so they make them harder to find.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

treat posted:

Why lay off a bunch of your staff just to reorganize, especially if you're concurrently hiring for a larger number of positions? That just doesn't add up. Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to transition staff instead of replacing them outright?

Depends on their skillset, the employees might not be suitable for transition.

They might also be dead weight that they where already looking to get rid off and saving money is a good excuse to get rid of them.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Some games on steam doesn't require the steam client to start, there might be a list somewhere online of these. You'll get to keep playing those ones at least.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Edit: never mind

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
I personally loved Wasteland 2 and I'm glad I now own a copy on GOG as well because of this, a couple of my friends got it this sale too because of the giveaway.

It has some bad design to be sure, for example the first choice of the game with the saving of the watertown or the foodtown, the OP companion that you can get in the beginning that you lose very suddenly without enough prior warning (the warning is there but it feels like a throwaway comment), the battle system could use some refining, I like the xcom-esque system there but it needed more work.

It's a good game, but it's certainly not for everyone, I haven't played the directors cut version of the game, maybe it fixes some issues people had with the game.

Anyway, looking forward to 3, I'm just not sold on the idea of them focusing on multiplayer.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
The thing is that many people either don't know or care about gog, some people don't even know what drm-free means or they don't care since they're always using the steam-client anyway. More people know and are willing to use epic/origin/uplay than gog, it's pretty sad.

But I don't think gog is going anywhere anytime soon, they still provide a service no other places do and they do have the drm-free niche covered, I just wish they'd release some more good old games, that's what I buy from them for mostly anyway. I buy very few new games and if I do I do it mostly trough bundles anyway.

Maybe they could get a gog humble bundle thing going, get their name out there with the cheapskate crowd.

Edit: Remember when you could tick a box to only see games released between a set amount of years, those where the days.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 19, 2020

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

kirbysuperstar posted:

Having Cyberpunk GOG codes being sold on Humble Store probably would have gotten some marketing out there if..it..weren't for the whole Cyberpunk thing.

Yeah that would probably help a bit but I meant like proper bundles, the buy X games for a dollar kind.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

chaosapiant posted:

I saw that today, as well as the RPG sale. I’ve never heard of this game. Game good?

Moonstone is great, at least the Amiga version, it's one of those games I played over and over again as a kid, it's ever better with some friends since the game supports up to four players, the DOS-version is worse especially in the sound department but still good and playable.

It's not an RPG despite what the description says however, it does have xp and stat-increases but it's more of an action game than anything.

Be warned though, the game is pretty hard.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

itry posted:

Pretty sure they're different kinds of bad. I'd like them to wrap the playstation versions with an emulator, but that's probably a legal minefield.

Wouldn't it be possible to use a third party bios to avoid this problem? That or maybe Sony could get a cut of the profits for using their bios in the wrapper?

How did Bleem! do it back in the day to avoid any problems? (I mean they did get sued but they won the legal battles)

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

itry posted:

Looking at the Bleem! example, they won the legal battle but went bankrupt because of it.

This is true but it set a legal precedent that would make it easier to win cases like this if it ever happened again, also Konami/Gog has a lot more money than Bleem! ever did so Sony would probably think twice about taking them to court, especially considering the already mentioned precedent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Genthil posted:

For the last day of their Halloween sale, GOG is giving away Jazz Jackrabbit 2 for free. I played the poo poo out of the demo that came in one of those shareware CDs with 100 games back in the Windows 95/98 days (it and Duke Nukem II were the only real standouts). I wouldn't realize until decades later that the series was developed by Epic Games (and former SA forums poster CliffyB).

Oooh, hope it comes with the level editor, remember playing around with that a lot as a young lad.

Edit:

Gog.com posted:

Jazz Creation Station, a super-friendly level editor, enabling players to create their own levels.

It does, yes! :)