Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I had heard that Mankind Divided was pretty poorly optimized/runs pretty bad. That still the case?

Also if I thought Human Revolutions was just ok and not mind-blowing or anything, is Mankind Divided more of the same? Anything notably better or worse about it compared to HR?

It doesn't have Denuvo anymore, so the GOG version will probably run better (Steam still has Denuvo).

Graphics are an obvious improvement. There are some gameplay improvements, iirc. And I think the level design is much better.

Edit: But... the story felt like it ended on a cliffhanger, or had a final act missing.

itry fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

All they did was refund the price of an in-development game that's never actually coming out.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Alchenar posted:

Yeah, literally one instance where they went 'oops, turns out this was a scam, here have your money back' is a really strange hill to die on for 'DUDE YOU DON'T *OWN* YOUR GAMES'

And they let you download full installers for any game on their store, specifically because they believe you should own your games.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I'm having a hard time searching for any info on that.

Is this it?

I don't own the game, but I did consider buying it. w/e got plenty of other games to play.

itry fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 14, 2020

itry
Aug 23, 2019

NikkolasKing posted:

When does it end, though? I won't have money for a week....

And as soon as it's over the Steam summer sale will start. Or that's how it usually goes, iirc.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Is 2 even available on Steam?

Edit: Regardless; GOG make sure the games on their store work on modern OS. And the game comes with the expansion and soundtrack.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I use archive.org maybe a handful of times a year, but I wouldn't want to see it gone. Donated :10bux:
Maybe there should be a thread or something.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ah good, I was worried that there was a reminder/proof of the time before the entire internet was four websites owned by massive companies, so I'm glad they'll get to write their own history of it now

:eng99:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Turning Hitman into a generic 3rd person shooter is truly out of the box thinking. Right into another box.

Edit:

It's not all bad. We got this out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfYRfpaBwnc

itry fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 13, 2020

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Risk of Rain (action roguelike)

Guacamelee (metroidvania)

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

itry fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 6, 2020

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Control is also releasing on GOG, for anyone who's interested.

Edit:

pfffff... it releases in two weeks on GOG. :rolleyes:
I guess I'll be playing Wasteland 3 first then.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 27, 2020

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's only disappointing because the people over at CDP know what it's like to live under the influence of the USSR (and Xi-like despots). A lot of them probably remember the collapse of the union.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Also stuff about using piracy to circumvent censorship.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Oh, just remembered... On the subject of Detention, it is getting a Netflix (I think it's a South Korean) series.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's better than acceptable. It's not an FPS. Regardless, this multiplayer thing is probably a waste of time. Like the Gwent GaaS thing.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It feels like an arbitrarily-added investor dot point, like what happened to a lot of games in the mid-00's where publishers chasing Halo and Gears of War money would tell studios they were required to have multiplayer even if it made no sense within the context of the game itself. Even-odds someone just screamed "GAMES AS A SERVICE MAKE MONEY! :byodood:" in a meeting and expected CDPR would just make it happen somehow

Ahh, that makes sense. Well it's pretty close in quality to how GTA Online was at launch at least :v:.

There was that push 5+ years ago to get rid of fully fledged single player games and make everything a GaaS with some single player fluff attached. Talking about the big publishers obv. I'll try to find some sources, I remember reading/hearing about it around the time Mankind Divided dropped (remember that tacked on Breach mode? Yeah, no one does).

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Looks like junk. Which is par for the course for AliExpress.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Talos Principle is cool. And the puzzles are pretty good.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Yeah, it's the "Serious DLC" dlc.

Apparently it changes the script too. I'll have to replay the game with it sometime.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

People have been clamoring for them to get it done for years now https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=silent%20hill

You'd think it'd be a simple matter, because of SH4. But it's Konami so :shrug:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pretty sure they're different kinds of bad. I'd like them to wrap the playstation versions with an emulator, but that's probably a legal minefield.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Kamrat posted:

Wouldn't it be possible to use a third party bios to avoid this problem? That or maybe Sony could get a cut of the profits for using their bios in the wrapper?

How did Bleem! do it back in the day to avoid any problems? (I mean they did get sued but they won the legal battles)

Looking at the Bleem! example, they won the legal battle but went bankrupt because of it.

I don't think there are any emulated console games on GOG. Even if they ask Sony/Nintendo, they'll probably say no. Regardless of legality.

Edit: It'd be amazing if they could do that, just release old console exclusives cheaply by using emulation. Probably a lot of publishers looking at their old titles and thinking it's not worth porting them.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 25, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I don't think SEGA/SNK releasing their own games emulating their own hardware is the same thing.

Edit: But it's still nice to have them.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hey, Zombies Ate My Neighbors getting released is great. That's the kind of precedent I was looking for. Aren't the Disney games using DOSBox though?

Edit: Looks like they re-released a different version. Neat.

itry fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 25, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

ilmucche posted:

Not gonna lie, sleeping dogs drm-free does tempt me.

:same: even though I wasn't planning a replay

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Why is Sanitarium not on sale :arghfist:
Looks like it was 80% off at one time, but I don't remember seeing it https://isthereanydeal.com/game/sanitarium/info/

ilmucche posted:

I just started a replay. It's been like a year since I've played it so why not. Debating going double cop face from the get go so I can stop caring about everything

I think I might hit max cop face right before the wedding, which would be :discourse:

Why does the game not have a pork bun face is what I want to know

itry fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 16, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The P&C one isn't there :(

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Saoshyant posted:

Which one? This one? Or this one? They were already on the service before this announcement today.

Should've specified. It's this https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation_-_A_Final_Unity

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The Kins posted:

This appears to just be Activision-published Star Trek games from before they dropped the license and sued Viacom over them not releasing high-enough quality Star Trek movies and shows to work with. :v: None of the Microprose or Spectrum Holobyte stuff is on the list.

:allears:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I was wondering about that. I'll never buy IO's stuff full price because of that dumb stuff.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

There is no indication on the store page, and blocking a long list of singleplayer features behind a server check is functionally a DRM. It really doesn't belong on GOG as is.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's not the whole list and the product's description doesn't include any information on what those things even are.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Calling this an online-gameplay situation is disingenuous. The only thing that needs a server in the blocked feature list is the user missions. And leaderboards I guess.

itry fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 23, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Yeah, nothing changed. I was talking about the features that actually technically require a server to work.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

tl;dr some people are dumb and weird

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Good. Now maybe IO will do the right thing.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Mierenneuker posted:

Webcam in the IO offices: :effort:

Again, I think IO really wanted another storefront to sell Hitman 3 on come January (when the Epic exclusivity runs out). I doubt they want to sell a DRM-free version of that game in the near future. And removing all the online requirements at this point admits that they could have done that ages ago but simply decided not to.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just end up offering refunds.

Never expected them to put the third one on GOG. At least not anytime soon.

Everyone must already know that the always-online requirement isn't necessary for any of the game's features [to function]. Also the game is from 2016. If they can't remove the DRM now, then when the heck can they?

itry fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 9, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Elusive target doesn't need a connection. It just picks an NPC at random and tells you to kill it. Leaderboards is a single check at the end of a level. User contracts don't need an always-online connection.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

genericnick posted:

I've been thinking, does anyone use that GoG connect thingy, whatever it was? Because I don't and I don't know anyone who does. And I imagine some guy at GoG central knows this too and took a long moment to think how they could make money off of failing to build Steam-like friend lists.

GOG connect is good when it actually has any games on it. So like, once a year. I only use it when it's a game I already own on Steam though. Not as an excuse to buy something.

Edit:

Nenonen posted:

I didn't know Kelly wrote for GOG :sickos:

I just want to buy a "DISCERNING ADULT" shirt from their shop, please

On the front: DISCERNING ADULT

On the back: I NEED AN

itry fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 26, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

^ Don't watch that unless you want to hear all about the details of several rape scenes, with some VA work thrown in as a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Whoever held the rights remembered they had them after watching the tv series maybe. I think it's been on GOG's wishlist for a while.