Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
I mostly lurk the thread to learn some odds and ends, but I also work for a beekeeping supply place (Mann Lake) and all that talk of not getting packages in the mail and shortages made me figure I should at least throw the name out if anyone is still looking for things. They're a pretty big operation with locations across the US, so they can probably hook you up with most things involved in the hobby, including bees.

To note -- shipping bees is very tricky and it is very discouraging to see package bees arrive dead/devastated to the point of sure failure. I'd very much suggest UPS for shipping single packages unless your local USPS is a good location. I find that a lot of people struggle with communication issues with USPS and with the time-sensitive nature of shipping live bees, it's a pretty perilous situation.

I also have a question if anyone might be a little more knowledgeable on the botany side of things. At our Florida location (Come visit if you're local! We're in central FL) we've established about 20 hives and everything is shaping up nicely. However, we're now looking ahead to building to a honey harvest and wanted to maybe try getting a little flora growing in the neighborhood to play around with something unique. Anyone have any ideas of something that would take in this kind of climate (FL, so lots of direct strong sunlight and frequent rain) that isn't pepper/orange oriented? I moved here from PA and my knowledge of this aspect is virtually nil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU