Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

nomad2020 posted:

I act as some sort of apprentice for my grandfathers bees, were down to 30 this year :(. we have 20 boxes coming at the end of the month, and we would like to get back up to around 100 hives by the end of the year, but im concerned that it's going to be an awful dry year. I can offer my 2c if anyone has a question. More just interested in watching everyone else get into bees while i try and get out of the bussiness.

I can think of tons of questions to ask you.

How much land does he have? Where? What's on it (I assume plants and flowers for the bees..)? With this many hives, I assume he sells the honey. Does he make a living this way? Is it hard to maintain a living with beekeeping? What are his working hours like?

Basically, anything you can offer up about having/maintaining a number of hives would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

nomad2020 posted:

All i can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks a lot, you've helped a ton. :)