Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Couple from last week:

Not as sharp as I'd like, but I think they turned out ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I'll be really interested in the 65dos shots. When is the gig? Might see if I can go :)

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

gently caress Buttons and Zun Zun Egui in Lancaster :)

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

It turned out really well, I was just shooting as a favour to my friend who did the booking. I'll get around to uploading the load to flickr sometime.
Where are you based, thehustler?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I shot a 2 day noise festival last weekend. Finishing up edits tonight and I'll pop some up later. I hate red stage lighting so so much.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Grizzly Bear

Faust

(more on My Flickr)

Recently done a festival (FON Festival in Cumbria), and got asked to shoot Grizzly Bear at the Anson Rooms in Bristol. Grizzly Bear was my first one where I've had a specific area to be in, and the 3 song, no flash limit! Was fun though.

Edit: tables

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

spritely posted:

Super! Especially like that Faust. Did you do that with a short lens?

I believe it was the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for both. Either that or the 50 1.8

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Rent a 10-22 or something?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I meant that if you have an extreme wideangle, you can get right into the thick of it and get some awesome closeups. :)
Just take the bare minimum, your gear should be fine.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I used the 70-200 f4 IS last night to shoot a gig, and man, is it nowhere near fast enough. Even my 30mm 1.4 struggled at some points with 1600 ISO.

Am I mad for wanting to shoot my next gig on my Bronica medium format? Delta 3200 pushed to 6400 looks pretty decent.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

University band playing in a badly lit bar. One stage was decent, but bland lighting, the other was terrible. I was using f/1.4 at iso1600 and still getting slow shutter speeds :/

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I shot an evening last weekend at uni. Two stages, local bands. I was one of 8(!) photographers, and I'm quite happy with what I got.

Whole set here.

I also shot a bit in film for the first time:

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Fingers crossed, I think I've managed to blag A Silver Mt Zion, Why? and The Album Leaf next week. Also seeing but not shooting Mono. Hell of a week.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I don't see this mentioned this much in this thread, but I guess it's kinda relevant. Does anybody do much roaming club photography?
I shot Sub Focus (a DnB DJ) last night at a party, along with the other acts and getting some crowd shots for promo. The promoter also asked me to get individuals dancing/partying, which I've never done before, and it was...interesting. Loads of people just wanted their picture taken, I got hassled loads by drunk people grabbing my camera, and you obviously get loads of attention from (unfortunately skanky) girls.

Overall was a fun night though, I'm dumping my cards right now. Hope they came out decent.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I hate gig lighting sometimes.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

SimonomiS posted:

I was quite happy with it until I realised the band is a five-piece. :gonk:

Could really do with a 1.8 35mm or something similar.

Sigma 30mm 1.4. I don't use anything else for gigs.

I don't understand how people use 70-200s in a press pit.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Sub Focus

Thought you guys might like this one:

Click through for big.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Oprah Haza posted:

Feel free to PM me if youd like some of my input, unless you are working Washington, DC, in which case I would ask you to kindly gently caress off :). My club stuff is on my website... which is on my profile.

I don't have PM, should I grab your email from your website and drop you a line?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Anti-Pop Consortium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I'm up for this, missed out on the start because I've had no internet for a month or two.

willminers (at) gmail

I can shoot stuff in the southeast of england, mainly Bristol. I have access to a decent amount of shows due to ties with my university.