Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I assume you know that you're going to get teamed up on, I'm glad someone is willing to swim against the current but I can't agree with you here. If you and your band don't want to pay a professional photographer $200 for a promo shoot, then don't pay a professional photographer $200 for a professional promo shoot. Why shouldn't people charge what they can make for doing something they're good at? And don't give me this malarkey about the band being a bunch of innocent, ignorant kids who are getting ripped off. Isn't that what you (their manager) is for? Concerning your band's press photo, I can't say that it is worth more than literally nothing. There are many many ways to get good PR and promoshots are one of them. I'm not saying you won't be successful with such a promo(snap)shot, but you certainly aren't grabbing anyone's attention with it. If your personal opinion that a creative, professionally done set of high res images is not worth it to you, then that's your opinion and don't buy it (what Thoogsby said) and be done with it. But I'm not surprised you're getting opposing opinions when you're telling people that they're charging too much for something that other bands are willing to pay. It is just simple economics (as far as my memory of the one class I took several years ago says).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

pr0digal posted:

This is going to be a tough choice
Hey I bet the bands you shoot can relate to your dilemma.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

HPL posted:

Okay, maybe the photos I got on Saturday weren't that bad after all.
:iceburn:

Looks good. A few notes, you missed the quotes on the song "Shake Your Dandelion". Also, the last paragraph isn't finished...?

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Do they make hot shoe AF assists, no flash? I'd love a small laser AF assist attachment which wasn't huge like an on-camera flash.