Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gotly
Oct 28, 2007
Economy-Sized
I've been doing some concert photography and I think I'm getting pretty good at it. I don't use a flash and the only lens I've used is a 50mm 1.8. I'd love a zoom lens to give me a bit more flexibility in framing when I have no room to move but the 2.8 minimum aperture on the Sigma and Tamron lenses that cover the 20-70mm range would only be useful for well lit venues. I'll probably end up sticking with primes and buy two more for wide shots and balcony shooting. I'm on a crop sensor body. Can anyone recommend some lenses for me?

Some photos also because those are fun.

I know the photos aren't as sharp and clear as some of the flash assisted photos I've seen but the bands seem to really like them. I do most of my shots candidly and tell the band about it afterwords. It creates a completely different kind of atmosphere and even experienced performers can get camera shy if they know they're being shot.

Edit: this post might be against the nature of the thread because I've never charged and have no future plans to start. Also also, I just realized I posted four pictures of the two same people. gently caress it's late.

gotly fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU