Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007
Hm, I posted some of these on PAD but I guess it's more suitable here.

Managed to sneak my camera in by convincing the security guard my camera "couldn't change focal lengths" and snapped away at Animal Collective in Toronto with grouper opening up (first pic). Shot all of these with a sony a700 and a 50mm f1.4. First time shooting a concert.

Btw, the light on the dude's head isn't glare, he's called "The Geologist" and wears a headband with a light on it. just sayin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007
I guess this would count as my second concert shot now, 'tis fun!

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007
Thanks a lot! Surprisingly very very little. I think half of these are pretty much straight out of the camera. The only things I did do to whatever was altered was a bit of a contrast boost and I cloned away random different coloured small lights that distracted from the image.

I'm starting to think I should try and get hooked up with something paid rather than for fun for these, haha.

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007
Since we're on the topic of Steve Aoki ...

http://flickr.com/gp/arthurgoldstein/s3p4TG

Dunkman: If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get paid?

Flower Power fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 5, 2009

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007

dunkman posted:

$0.00

I just asked the promoters if I could take pics, and they said yes.

This is the "official" photographers set.

http://thefiasco.dphoto.com/#/album/58709o/

They are really good.

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007

Jahoodie posted:

Some of them are great, but something that annoys me is hundreds of similar shots that some people toss up in a gallery for every show they do. I'd rather see maybe 10-15 (max) solid shots from a show; if she was 'official' her job may have been just to spam photos to make everyone look good and remember the fun they had, but I got bored looking before Steve Aoki even showed up.

Thing is if this was their personal site (a professional one or whatnot) then I'd be inclined to agree, but it looks like at the moment they just upload the whole series for people to check and see photos of themselves. Different purposes.

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007
shot a friend's band - it was my first time with very low key lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007
We have the same sort of poo poo in Toronto. I used to do a little bit of party photos and big bands that would come around last summer but I got so fed up with the scene and the douchebags who run it (and severely underpay you) that I stopped doing it. Best decision I've ever made.

There's one guy in particular though that I hate more than anything. Not only is he a huge rear end in a top hat at any event I'm at, he would always push me away to "get the right shot" and act like he's the toughest poo poo the whole time. It makes me happy that he just got kicked out of film school - a few of my friends had the unfortunate luck to have him in some short film projects and he would always be too hungover from shooting and partying the night before that he would always bail.

Anyway, here are some of his shots, which he claims are "the best photographs you'll ever see in Toronto, and probably all of North America due to my extremely unique photoshop process". The worst part is most people always comment about how "SICKKKK" these photos are:

and then here are my photos of the same events, that got completely ignored and that made me leave the scene altogether... (these are of Steve Aoki and LMFAO):