Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

This is money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Good stuff, great concert photos!

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
What was the struggle you ran into?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Speaking of great lighting 😮

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Woodenlung posted:

I've never heard of that camera or equipment, but that is pretty awesome. Also couldn't help but check out your flickr... and it made me really miss living in Asia.

This one is sensationel. You an in house photographer?

I've been wondering, your avatar... Is it the black queen related? It's a common symbol, but seeing as this is in a band/concerts thread... I had to ask.

I appreciate the ask, it is not related. Just a mobius triangle that has a place in my life. But you did send me to their page, and listened to their music and I believe learned a bit. :tipshat:

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Slotducks posted:

Shot a mini festival of some smaller acts - two bands actually paid me for set photos after the front - first customers! Sweet!

This is Scaithe, first show ever:

I really like this

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Someone didn't miss leg day

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Haven't done band stuff in a long time. There was a local art fair this weekend and I was out with the Helios lens to do some artistic bokeh stuff but stumbled upon this young band that was playing and their manager/mom asked me to do some photos for her and said she'd hire me to do continuing work going forward. So that's potentially promising.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Bottom Liner posted:

Huge kpop star shared my photo to their tens of millions of followers 😳

Heck yea

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
double post

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 7, 2023

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
That's fantastic! Enjoy your new book adventure. How much are you selling it for?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
The trick is whatever lens you have, that's your sandbox. Don't think about what you could have been getting with a different lens, use the tool you have, push its properties to make creative shots.

If we were all allowed only to use a camera that took fish eye photos, how would you use the tools that you have 🧠 to differentiate yourself from all the other fish? 🐠

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Your concert photos are incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Rokinon makes autos now?

Maybe I'm just thinking their cine lenses.