Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Attempting to feel less ambivalent about the images I get in my every fri/sat venue, posted a thing about it in the general thread, tl/dr, ive very limited spots i can stand, the stage lighting isnt great and i generally need to use flash as if someone moves a foot and a half either way they in total darkness, and there's most of the time a grey curtain right behind them. Last couple of weeks the curtain was actually open so I bust out the ol' lensbaby 2.0 to make use of the fairy lights, overall ive halved my usual shooting ISO and tried doing more available light on performers that stay in the same spot, dancers and such it's just not viable and often ends up looking real flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Feedback appreciated, thank y'all. I was very lucky with 2, as usually if there's 2 or more folks on the stage one invariably ends up in the side that's fully unlit by the spots, and almost always they will be wearing black in this case because gently caress me i guess.