Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

natashafatale
May 2, 2004

eville will always triumph because good is dumb

Knux posted:

Love this one. That cord in the air is so perfect, you couldn't have Photoshopped it any better.

===========

Here are some pictures I took last week of Flight of the Conchords. I was stuck in row G, so there are no close ups to speak of, but my 100mm/2.8 wasn't the worst lens I could have been stuck with. Less noise than I would expect there to be at 1600.

And here are some from an Old 97s show a while back. Better position in the crowd, but less knowledge of my camera by far. (No exif on these, sorry.) Looking back, I don't know why I was so crop-happy that day. Eh:

Critiques welcome, I'm really trying to study up and get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

natashafatale
May 2, 2004

psylent posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I've been shooting bands as a hobby for 5 years and I've never bothered using photoshop till NOW

(left is the finished product after about 1 min of editing in photoshop)

MIND BLOWN. Now I have to go through 5 year's worth of photos and "fix" them.

I, for one, welcome our new Photoshop overlords. Isn't ps GREAT?!

That looks like it might be "auto levels"...?

natashafatale
May 2, 2004

JohnnyC posted:

I know exactly how much a promo shot is worth, and the reason that I'm saying that you're overcharging if you charge $250 is that you're overcharging.

Just because you drive a $400 1985 Corolla doesn't mean I was overcharged for my 2006 model. Different people have different needs. You certainly got what your promo shot was worth. You paid nothing, and you've gotten nothing.

You and your band full of kids-having-fun-but-not-making-money need to find a student photographer who will shoot you for free. YOU would be overcharged if you paid $250 for a promo shot and got that photo in return.

However, bands who are serious about doing it for a living, who want a photo they can submit in a press release without embarassment, should put some money into a photographer who knows what they're doing. They will be lit properly, from flattering angles, and get a selection of quality photos to choose from rather than the caliber snapshot you so smugly posted of your band.

JohnnyC posted:

Charge like you're lucky to be asked to do promo shots at all, because you really are.

You are funny.

A chance to be lucky enough to photograph your local band's DELICATE GENIUS for free! Where do I sign up?!