Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!
Well, yeah, but let's hope the guy charging $250 knows better than to put them brooding in front of a brick wall, cross process and call it a day. Though I'm sure some do, and that is robbery in my opinion- but if they can get someone to pay it, why would it be so criminal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!

dakana posted:

I went to a concert the other day (to watch, not to shoot), and was a little perplexed watching the photographers there. For some reason, they had omnibounces on their flashes, but pointed straight up, in bounce position -- and they didn't adjust for portrait orientation. The ceiling was ungodly high and black... why were they doing this? I mean, I know having an omnibounce technically increases the size of the light source by like .000000001%, but it's not like it's any different than direct flash if there's nothing to bounce off of. What were they trying to do?

Was the flash going off? Maybe they were just using the AF-assist lamps on the flash to get better focus.

Or they could be crazy. An events person with my college shoots everything with an omnibounced flash tilted 70 degrees up, indoors or out.

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!

Flower Power posted:

They are really good.

Some of them are great, but something that annoys me is hundreds of similar shots that some people toss up in a gallery for every show they do. I'd rather see maybe 10-15 (max) solid shots from a show; if she was 'official' her job may have been just to spam photos to make everyone look good and remember the fun they had, but I got bored looking before Steve Aoki even showed up.

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!

Flower Power posted:

Thing is if this was their personal site (a professional one or whatnot) then I'd be inclined to agree, but it looks like at the moment they just upload the whole series for people to check and see photos of themselves. Different purposes.

I understand this. Still think there could have been half the amount of pictures in that gallery, unless it really is just an upload dump of everything.

No. 9 posted:

Maybe the venue wanted those kinds of photos. If they were hired, sometimes it's out of control and you want to make the client happy.
Making myself clear again, yes I get that the client might want that. I just said that above. (What is good and what a client wants isn't always the same thing)

Speaking in general, if I wasn't there and had no attatchment to the show I'd rather see a tightly edited set to show me the mood then 200 light trail snaps on flickr/facebook for everyone to gush over in the comments. However I guess I'm alone on this.

Jahoodie fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 7, 2009