Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
I think the contrast is way too high in some of these photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

Zoowick posted:

I put together a video of the studio, building and some video of inside the clock tower.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1374420144#/video/video.php?v=1051564089261&ref=mf

See, now that's an unfair advantage.

Question though - would you charge the fees you do if you didn't have access to a studio?

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

dakana posted:

I would have loved to see a symmetric, normal-angled shot of this. This hall has awesome lines that are wasted with the angle, but I think would have looked awesome with a centered & symmetric composition.

I like it as-is, thought I'd say.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

shudder posted:

Couple. Still have more coming. This was more a photographic documentary if anything. We've been meaning to meet up and do a couple promos but our schedules conflicted. Then by some random miracle our schedules collided. Bad side is that I didn't have all my equipment and they wanted to jam. Only light was from a single light bulb dangling from a cord in the middle of them. I had my 40D with my 17-85 4.0/5.6 so my lighting was limited. Bumped it up to 3200 and shot at like 1/40th to 1/80th with IS on. I think I might have pushed these a bit far.

You underestimate the appeal of grainy band shots. They're not perfect, but given the conditions, they're pretty good.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
So how do you people address colour metering at concerts? You'd think this would come up in most guides, but it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
$250 really is a pittance for a solo gig. I tend to get paid $150-200 a day for ASSISTING another photographer, never mind doing the scouting and post-processing. If you don't need professional photos for your band then, don't hire a professional. Use the amateur with his compact or first DSLR, because they at least aren't trying to cover the cost of thousands of dollars' worth of gear.