Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
I listened to an interview with Trey today on WXRT in Chicago. He says 3 days ago he called Page and decided to change the album they'll be covering on Halloween.

These guys are so unbelievably talented. How do you possibly decide to change the album on that short of notice? Unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Did you also catch him covering Britney Spears' "Circus"?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Elephunk posted:

Did you also catch him covering Britney Spears' "Circus"?

I must've missed that part. I tuned in a few minutes late, unfortunately. :(

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScJcMwvwtw8&feature=player_embedded#t=332

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

I can't stand to listen to that interviewer. Let the man talk, woman!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Announce: 10/16
Onsale : 10/23
Pre-Sale Lottery in between

It will be this:

10/30/09 - Indio, CA
10/31/09 - Indio, CA
11/01/09 - Indio, CA

Winter 2009
11/18/09 - Cobo Arena - Detroit, Michigan (THIS ONE IS STILL TENTATIVE)
11/20/09 - US Bank Arena - Cincinnati, Ohio
11/21/09 - US Bank Arena - Cincinnati, Ohio
11/24/09 - Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA
11/25/09 - Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA
11/27/09 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY
11/28/09 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY
12/2/09 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
12/3/09 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
12/4/09 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
12/5/09 - John Paul Jones Arena - Charlottesville, VA

New Years Run 2009
12/28/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
12/29/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
12/30/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
12/31/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Where'd it come from? Looks to be the same list that's been circulating. "henrietta" over at OKP has also said the same thing about the Detroit date.

I have the room booked for my wife and I in Cincy! :)

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

Are you injecting dope into your scrotum!? You can tell me! I’m hip!
So the Worcester show(s) between Albany and MSG are a no-go? Looks like I may have to convince someone to go to Albany.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Phish pre-sale is up. Get your lottery requests in.

http://www.livenation.com/artist/phish-tickets

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

11/18/09 Cobo Arena, Detroit, MI - $50.00 General admission floor and reserved seating stands. Tapers must have a GA floor ticket.

11/20/09 U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/21/09 U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/22/09 War Memorial at Oncenter, Syracuse, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/24/09 Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/25/09 Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/27/09 Times Union Center, Albany, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/28/09 Times Union Center, Albany, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/29/09 Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME - $50.00 General admission floor and reserved seating stands. Tapers must have a GA floor ticket.

12/2/09 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

12/3/09 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

12/4/09 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

12/5/09 John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA - $50.00 General admission floor and reserved seating stands. Tapers must have a GA floor ticket.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

hoyl poo poo they're playing in portland yessssssssssssss

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Hey, look who was right about the tourdates. ^____^

(I just spend time on phish boards that aren't PT)

Hometown Shows (Philly) are a definite, so is War Memorial because War Memorial ALWAYS RAGES...

MSG has to be a wed/thurs/fri? :( Fri is a definite, work is gonna keep me out of wed/thurs...

Maybe Albany.

6 out of 13 dates in loving new york? Screw you, Phish.

New Year's in Miami this year is 100% as well, but don't expect an announcement until next month.

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
Wow, 4 nights NYE in Miami? Phish is loving the multi-night stands this year. Checking in for Philly and shooting for MSG as well! Heres to a great Phall 09!

andyouandi
Sep 23, 2005
i haven't bought phish tickets in like, 10 years so can someone explain how this works?

I live in Cincinnati so obviously I want to go to one of those shows, probably on Saturday.

So if I sign up for the pre-sale thing for 4 tickets, does that mean I will definitely get tickets? How does the lottery thing work?

Is it advantageous to get all my friends to also request 4 tickets so we can have a better chance of buying them?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

andyouandi posted:

i haven't bought phish tickets in like, 10 years so can someone explain how this works?

I live in Cincinnati so obviously I want to go to one of those shows, probably on Saturday.

So if I sign up for the pre-sale thing for 4 tickets, does that mean I will definitely get tickets? How does the lottery thing work?

Is it advantageous to get all my friends to also request 4 tickets so we can have a better chance of buying them?

I know that some people did not get tickets during the summer tour - so it's a true lottery in that tickets are not guaranteed. That said, it seemed like a lot of the guys over at Oh Kee Pa forums got the tickets they entered for.

Eat a Peach
Nov 27, 2006
This ain't no revolution, it's evolution, but everytime I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace.
Philly and Charlottesville booked. Three night reunion in Hampton and tour ender in C-ville? VA is gettin' the love too.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
I wish Phish would come to Florida.. they haven't in a while :(

I did see them once this year at Bonnaroo.. caught them both nights. It was absolutely amazing.. I had never experienced Phish nor a glowstick war before, so it was all so glorious.

Run like an antelope made me run in place at the climax. Haha!

I also thought it was very cool on Friday night they did YEM > Wilson > YEM.. something I've never heard them do before. They were groovin to the YEM jam and all of the sudden I hear the EE.. EE.. and I heard a few people shout WILSONNNNN! I was like no way. then it happened! I love phish.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

I r Pat posted:

I wish Phish would come to Florida.. they haven't in a while :(

Get ready for a four night run for New Years Eve in Miami.

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
I would just like to share this here, since I've noticed a lack of phish-oriented threads lately. This jam is coming out of an experimental Ya Mar segue > Mike's Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_lQf3Xi74

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

Well if we are going to start sharing great Phish videos, I've been absolutely addicted to the shredfest that is the 7-6-98 Ghost ever since I found this video of it's jam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWi1dGT9UY

Can't wait for Portland Maine!

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
Ah yes that's from their show from Prague right? I love that show. During the Maze the band stops on a dime to say a few thank yous to the audience and then pick up right where they left off in a frantic hyper-speed jam!

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

GOOCHY posted:

Get ready for a four night run for New Years Eve in Miami.

No poo poo! Where can I get tickets? I'm going to at least one or two of the nights for sure!

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

It will probably be officially announced next month, and then there will be a week-long period to enter a ticket lottery, after which the remaining tickets go on sale through TM/LiveNation.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

UberNoke posted:

It will probably be officially announced next month, and then there will be a week-long period to enter a ticket lottery, after which the remaining tickets go on sale through TM/LiveNation.

Good to know.. I'm definitely going to at least one night.. maybe even two. I want to do the day before + NYE :)

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
Does anyone know how much the NYE tickets are going to cost?

Clark
Mar 22, 2003

GOOCHY posted:

Phish pre-sale is up. Get your lottery requests in.

http://www.livenation.com/artist/phish-tickets

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

11/22/09 War Memorial at Oncenter, Syracuse, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/27/09 Times Union Center, Albany, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

11/28/09 Times Union Center, Albany, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

12/2/09 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

12/3/09 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

12/4/09 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - $50.00 Reserved seating

I all of a sudden feel like I'm doing the wrong thing by going to Festival 8, seeing as how I'm from Syracuse, NY. Six shows in NY god drat.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Clark posted:

I all of a sudden feel like I'm doing the wrong thing by going to Festival 8, seeing as how I'm from Syracuse, NY. Six shows in NY god drat.

C'mon, Halloween in sunny California, surrounded by tens of thousands of hippies on various drugs wearing costumes, watching one of the best live bands out there for 8 sets? That's gotta be right on some level!

I'm in Boston, I have no clue which fall tour shows I'm planning on hitting right now (they're all kind-of-close-but-not-really). I'm just going to see how the lottery situation goes and plan from there.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Wow it's great to see this thread on the first page! I'm so glad they're back on the road. IMO the Merriweather Post show was pretty tame especially coming right after Hartford. I can't wait for Festival 8! I've never even been to California.

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot

Comb Your Beard posted:

Wow it's great to see this thread on the first page! I'm so glad they're back on the road. IMO the Merriweather Post show was pretty tame especially coming right after Hartford. I can't wait for Festival 8! I've never even been to California.

Merriweather had its moments though. Sloth,Ester>Ha Ha, the debut of Party Time (which I thought was completely awesome), and the Hood were all great. It is a bummer though to be sandwiched in between two of the best shows of the tour.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Fluffhead posted:

Merriweather had its moments though. Sloth,Ester>Ha Ha, the debut of Party Time (which I thought was completely awesome), and the Hood were all great. It is a bummer though to be sandwiched in between two of the best shows of the tour.

It also seemed like they chose that show to bring out a bunch of bust-outs. For some, I can see how that isn't the most desired show to be at.

Clark
Mar 22, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

C'mon, Halloween in sunny California, surrounded by tens of thousands of hippies on various drugs wearing costumes, watching one of the best live bands out there for 8 sets? That's gotta be right on some level!

I'm in Boston, I have no clue which fall tour shows I'm planning on hitting right now (they're all kind-of-close-but-not-really). I'm just going to see how the lottery situation goes and plan from there.

Yea, you're absolutely right, but now I want to go to shows in NY. These bastards just had to come out of retirement and ask me to throw my money at them.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

One of the guys over at the Oh Kee Pa forums has a credit card pre-auth for three different shows he requested, so some ticket fulfillment is happening. He hasn't gotten his email notification yet, though. Keep an eye out folks!

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

No charge. :( That's 0/4 on MusicToday lotteries.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

UberNoke posted:

No charge. :( That's 0/4 on MusicToday lotteries.

Yeah, I don't have anything either. I know that a bunch of the guys on OKP are seeing pre-auths. Hopefully, they're doing it in a couple of stages and we just haven't been charged yet. That's how I'm rationalizing my disappointment. :(

I really didn't want to buy my tickets via Ticketmaster during the general on-sale.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I happened to be checking my bank statement online today and noticed that I had about $230 less than I expected in my account. What's this? A PENDING CHARGE FROM "PHISH TICKETS"?! Oh sweet gently caress, yes!

This will be my first Phish show and it will be in my hometown, Portland. Cannot loving wait.

FatalTheGod
Oct 11, 2005
Just checked and I got the charge! I'm going on the Thursday and Friday shows at MSG, and this was for the Thursday show. We're so pumped though...Anyone know when they let us know what the seats are?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

It's looking like I have a $120.00 hold on my Discover that previously had a $0 balance. It says my credit limit is XXXXX.xx and my available balance is XXXXX.xx minus $120. But, it's not showing up in my "recent activity" on the website yet. So, I'm not sure exactly what's going on yet. Discover's website is slow on the uptake.

At $120, if I *DO* get tickets, that means I landed one Cincy show (2 tickets for my wife and I) and not both.

Looks like I'll be doing the general on-sale date for one of those shows from Ticketmaster.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I split my tickets for a couple of different shows, and I got a charge for $65.40, which means I either got Wednesday or Thursday MSG. Time to see how my friends did!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Requested: $770 worth of tickets, basically everything except cincy/detroit/portland

Charged: $176 :[

I did win Red Rocks earlier this year, though.

And Halloween is LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Woop! Called Discover this morning since their site is so drat slow to update pending transactions. Kung-firmed that we have two tickets incoming for Cincy! Now hopefully the Phish org sends out confirmations via email so I know what night I need to pick up on the general on-sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

I'm Alarm'd to the teeth for the various public on sales. C'mon Albany/Portland/MSG.

Enjoy Indio Elephunk. :)

• Locked thread