Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am couched. Bring it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if everybody saw this already but I gotta share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otkg5NqjcZY

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Last night's Seven Below was, in my opinion, off the hook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i16iwOfwUPo

...although I'm already getting a bit jaded on the "Woo!"s.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Timber. :smugdog:

:golfclap: to whomever did the set break "facts" on San Francisco.

double edit: When they listed the bands that Bill Graham promoted they left one out. :tinfoil:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 4, 2013

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
Driving up from San Diego to the Bowl show tonight. Is parking at the bowl really as bad as the internet makes it seem? Trying to decide which is worse - getting stacked in at the bowl for $20 and waiting 2 hours after the show to get out, or parking and taking a $10 shuttle from loving Lakewood 2 hours before the show.

SoCal is too crowded. How often does Phish go to Montana?

Nurse Ratchet
Aug 5, 2005

I feel pretty today.

Him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Watommi posted:

SoCal is too crowded. How often does Phish go to Montana?

I don't know, but I know that when they did in 1994, this happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oak6Wy-RE6Q

Have people seen the Hollywood Harry Hood yet? The lights in this video are out of this world. I'm not really big on Harry Hood but I think think they killed it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDQ1L523v4

I'm so happy, I'm finally at the point where I'm actively seeking out 3.0 Phish and am genuinely excited to catch the streams of shows I can't get to. I never thought I could get as excited for new Phish as I have for 90s stuff.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Floors for Reading 10/29 secured on 3G via the TM app, pulling into Atlantic City now with our wristbands from Monday (reserves a spot in line).

Wish us luck :buddy:

Anyone got a Saturday Hampton or two?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

AAAUGH

I hate Ticketmaster so much :(

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Success in Atlantic City, went with 105 row A instead of GA floor because GA floor with your girlfriend can stink :)

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.

Murmur Twin posted:

Have people seen the Hollywood Harry Hood yet? The lights in this video are out of this world. I'm not really big on Harry Hood but I think think they killed it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDQ1L523v4

Having the lights of the dome itself to play with added a lot to the lightshow I thought. That Harry Hood was a highlight in what I thought was a really good second set. I wish I'd been closer to the stage...last year's Long Beach show was at a miserable venue, but I was like 30 yards from the stage, as opposed to what felt like a quarter-mile the other night.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Everything from this tour I've heard has been amazing. What are some of the best shows so far? (I want to buy them off Phish's website)

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I heard people at the Bowl show talking about "The Gorge" being great shows. I want to buy the second night from there...despite the first set having several songs in common with the show I just saw, it also has The Curtain (With). Then second set is Down With Disease > Undermind > Light > Sneaking Sally (reviews on Phish.net saying best Sneaking ever?) > 2001 > Walls of the Cave > Fluffhead > Antelope.

I've always wanted to catch a Curtain With, Fluffhead, or one of Trey's stories at a show, so I may pick this one up to sustain me. The only Gamehenge songs I've seen live are AC/DC bag on Sunday, and Divided Sky in 2003.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Watommi posted:

I heard people at the Bowl show talking about "The Gorge" being great shows. I want to buy the second night from there...despite the first set having several songs in common with the show I just saw, it also has The Curtain (With). Then second set is Down With Disease > Undermind > Light > Sneaking Sally (reviews on Phish.net saying best Sneaking ever?) > 2001 > Walls of the Cave > Fluffhead > Antelope.

I've always wanted to catch a Curtain With, Fluffhead, or one of Trey's stories at a show, so I may pick this one up to sustain me. The only Gamehenge songs I've seen live are AC/DC bag on Sunday, and Divided Sky in 2003.

Day 1 of the gorge was also amazing and worth a listen.

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011
Yesterday was a complete poo poo show for grabbing tickets for Glens Falls and Worcester. I managed to snag 2 GA's for Glens Falls online and had over 5 minutes left on the site's timer when I entered in all of my information, and then: "Could not find your shopping cart, please try again". :suicide:

The 2-day pass ticket for Worcester was a total trap too, my friend and I both entered the Ticketmaster que at 11:00 sharp, and after 10+ minutes of waiting with a "less than 1 minute" wait, our ques crashed and we were forced to 'start over'. I decided to bypass the web and just try calling on the phone, and after ~25 minutes or so was finally able to speak with a real person who helped me lock down 2 tickets for each night. Phew, what a hassle! It's been forever since I haven't had to rely on the lottery or friends with extras that I forgot just how insane public onsale can be. Anyways, couldn't be more excited for Worcester > Hartford > Reading. 4 shows in 5 nights in the good 'ole Northeast in late October looks sooooo good on my calendar right now!

Anybody staying in Boston for Worcester? The town's rooms look completely booked, so my friend and decided to stay with some old college buddies who live in South Boston and we're planning on catching the rail to and from the show.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

bon ape tit posted:

Yesterday was a complete poo poo show for grabbing tickets for Glens Falls and Worcester. I managed to snag 2 GA's for Glens Falls online and had over 5 minutes left on the site's timer when I entered in all of my information, and then: "Could not find your shopping cart, please try again". :suicide:

The 2-day pass ticket for Worcester was a total trap too, my friend and I both entered the Ticketmaster que at 11:00 sharp, and after 10+ minutes of waiting with a "less than 1 minute" wait, our ques crashed and we were forced to 'start over'. I decided to bypass the web and just try calling on the phone, and after ~25 minutes or so was finally able to speak with a real person who helped me lock down 2 tickets for each night. Phew, what a hassle! It's been forever since I haven't had to rely on the lottery or friends with extras that I forgot just how insane public onsale can be. Anyways, couldn't be more excited for Worcester > Hartford > Reading. 4 shows in 5 nights in the good 'ole Northeast in late October looks sooooo good on my calendar right now!

Anybody staying in Boston for Worcester? The town's rooms look completely booked, so my friend and decided to stay with some old college buddies who live in South Boston and we're planning on catching the rail to and from the show.

Does the commuter rail even run to Worcester? Careful on your return trip. Everything shuts down early.

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011
According to a friend, it ought to drop us off within 1/2 mile from the venue, and the last departing rail back to Boston leaves at 12am. It's a bit of a hassle, especially if the shows run over the DCU curfew (apparently it was somewhere around 11:30pm in 2010). Unless I hear that it's a really sketchy/unsafe idea to do this then I'm up for it.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

bon ape tit posted:

According to a friend, it ought to drop us off within 1/2 mile from the venue, and the last departing rail back to Boston leaves at 12am. It's a bit of a hassle, especially if the shows run over the DCU curfew (apparently it was somewhere around 11:30pm in 2010). Unless I hear that it's a really sketchy/unsafe idea to do this then I'm up for it.

Worcester's not that bad, downtown at least. It's a LONG cab ride if you miss that train though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I live in Boston and will probably be driving to and from Worcester each night - email me at the.moma.dance at gmail :)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Colorado shows were great.

tank9900
Mar 27, 2004

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Watommi posted:

It was the 2nd best I've heard. My favorite would be the Gorge 2009 version, where it was the soundtrack to an alien spaceship landing. But yes, both Gorge shows are fantastic. I know this an about a month old post but if you haven't picked both up, or at least listened to both, I highly recommend it.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Speaking of three Hampton shows, I'll be creating an unofficial Hampton poster for the upcoming events of October 18-20. I'm also involved in the Mill Point Music Festival (11am-8pm) on October 19th if anyone is planning on going to downtown Hampton for the Phish shows that weekend --- we're having Natalie Cressman and James Casey playing that afternoon (members of the Trey Anastasio Band). PM me or post here if you need any info, it's totally free and it's gonna be a blast.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wow. I just got back from Worcester > Worcester > Hartford and it's my humble opinion that that was the best weekend (musically) of 3.0 Phish that I've ever seen. Some really good jamming happened!

Friday:
Carini - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_KQFMa7HI (9:50)
Ghost - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ksesclcDg (12:25)

Saturday:
Drowned - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75iReA48QY (20:00)
Light - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyDRe3UR0TA (13:18)

Sunday:
Tweezer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjOoA4O9uJ0 (17:32)
Golden Age - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViZwMeys6Uc (16:48)

If anyone has any leads on affordable tickets to AC, please PM me. I was going to skip it but had way too much fun this weekend to not try and get there.

Murmur Twin fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 29, 2013

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

See you in Reading, and all three nights of AC.

If anyone wants to meet up post here <3 .

So excited. Listening to Hartford Set II now.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Any guess of what Halloween will be?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Strongest Rumors:

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Paul Simon - Graceland

They're not going to play The Grateful Dead

A second drummer was onstage over the weekend in Woshtah, some guy from the Berklee Jazz Faculty.

That's really the best hint we have so far - most likely this drummer and other special guests will be involved.

I'm really impressed that in the PT age of camera phones and E-Mails that 3 days before the show this album is still a secret.

Although, we didn't really know about WFC in 2010 until the day of the show.

Exile got somewhat spoiled in 2009, we knew Sharon Jones and the Dapkings were involved which made it most likely to be Exile.

So, the short answer is no. We have no idea.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Here's some news that might be another decent hint:

Show poster for tonight in the seething ghetto coal town that is Reading, PA:

The inside cover to the Allmans' Eat a Peach:

Very similar...

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding would be amazing, but Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is sort of an up and down affair with the heavy hitters on sides 1 and 2. I'd love to hear it though.

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for
So... who's seen the AC Playbill?

http://static.nugs.net/phish/ph131031_phishbill.pdf

This is nuts, I wish that I coulda gone. I can't wait to hear the new album.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

I'm streaming it, its definately not a classic rock album, some dudes are calling it 'dad' rock, I'm diggin it. A couple acoustic numbers, Mike on a stand up bass, dancing wombat (abe vigoda?), and I'd be rageing if I was there for sure. Set 3 will be bonkers. Maybe even a couple nods.

thebigpicture
Nov 14, 2007
That set was absolutely terrible.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
As lame a concept as the second set was, I'm kind of excited that Bob Ezrin is producing the new record. For years I've wondered why they haven't tried using a big name producer. Left to themselves the band makes questionable decisions sometimes.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Posting from AC...

The mood around here is pretty funny. We keep running into random phans and making jokes about rolling with Diego and Jack and Jill. High points and low points. I dunno, it's their party and they can do what they want to.

Hoping for a strong finish tonight and tomorrow.

I thought Bieber was going to come out of the bear

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Abe Vigoda and the Abe Vigoda dancers were amazing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Phish have returned to their trolling ways. Gotta love them playing their own unreleased album. I can only imagine how horrible it was to sit there for over an hour listening to them play new songs that no one had heard before. Even when they were releasing new songs and playing them over and over, you could still count on a break after every song or two where they'd play something people actually wanted to hear. But wow...twelve in a row.

Yep, Phish are back.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, wasn't that the reaction for Remain in Light? A bunch of songs no one had heard before, hence the Dark Side show a few shows later?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You mean Loaded, and yes. I was at that show and it was rear end. The Rock and Roll was great and the general reaction was well played set, but people were bored. People were wandering about and talking. The word was, the night before, that Loaded was the choice. No one had any idea what it was. (Yes, this is hyperbole, but very few people knew what it was.) The night before was the killer show, anyway. Stash > Manteca > Tweezer was nuts and has an actual segueway from Manteca > Tweezer as opposed to Phishs normal dropping into the song from a jam.

Remain in Light was 1996.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

LordPants posted:

To be fair, wasn't that the reaction for Remain in Light? A bunch of songs no one had heard before, hence the Dark Side show a few shows later?

They've always done weird poo poo for Halloween. The Remain in Light closer Overload is the single weirdest...thing they've ever done, and they did a 3 song third set in 1998, with Trey basically walking off the stage afterward.

I haven't listened to the set, but how bad could new Phish songs possibly be? Ironically, I'm glad there are people complaining that we get new Phish tunes rather than complaining over how they didn't completely destroy Eat a Peach or Lamb Lies Down on Broadway or whatever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The fun of a Halloween set was them donning a musical costume and covering another bands music. Playing their own stuff that will shortly get overplayed isn't fun for anyone but the band.

Phish 3.0, dick mode has recommenced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Riosan posted:

I haven't listened to the set, but how bad could new Phish songs possibly be? Ironically, I'm glad there are people complaining that we get new Phish tunes rather than complaining over how they didn't completely destroy Eat a Peach or Lamb Lies Down on Broadway or whatever.

For me it's this overwhelming feeling of Phish laziness. Blah blah blah all down hill since '95 or what ever, but you just get this feeling that maybe they did that so they didn't have to spend the time rehearsing an additional 40+ minutes of material. I just get that feeling, I know it's dumb, but I just do.

edit: Prima Facie I do like the idea of keeping it fresh by not doing a cover album, however.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 2, 2013

• Locked thread