Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Not today but on Friday evening.

Recently added items include:
Givi "vstrom sleeping" bars
TwinHeadlightErnie bash plate
SW-Motech Centerstand
Vstroma folding shift lever (getting folding rear brake lever also but it's not arrived yet)
Grip Puppies

Still to be installed is a box of electronic goodies from Eastern Beaver.

On with the Pics.

First off, here are most of the parts that will be installed. (rest of weekend was spent rearranging and throwing out poo poo from garage, seriously how did I not notice this poo poo until I saw it in a picture??)

Here she is up on the Harbor Freight table (love this thing)

A couple hours, skinned knuckles and more than a few beers and she's almost done. Didn't take her off the table until next day so I could check all the bolts.

I love how twinheadlighternie's plate fits. Nice and tight but with enough room to take the hits.

Here she is out in the light of day after a 50 mile run and about to be taken into garage to check bolts again.

Close up of left side.

Close up of right side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Simkin posted:

drat, that looks really nice in flat black - the shape of the bike seems to blend together a lot better. That belly pan looks pretty sinister.

Also, piggy! :neckbeard:

Yea I'm not 100% sure I would have bought one if it wasn't all in black, she isn't the prettiest bike but with all black she's not bad at all.

Yea word of caution to anyone carrying My Piggy around. He started off helpful, until he got a couple beers into him then he started throwing tools around. I had to banish him to the shelf to just watch.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Simkin posted:

I don't know if it was a manufacturing defect or not,...

I'd be inclined to call it a fluke. I've seen a ton of pics of the givi bars after crashes and they all survived really well. Even though a touch bigger they are generally considered one of the best because they have two frame mounts on each side plus the cross over. Really all they have to do is protect the side panels once and they pay for themselves. For an afordable bike there are a couple of body pieces that are stupid expensive.

ETA: Just remembered there was a run of them for a month or so that had bad welds at the mounting tabs, he was probably just unlucky and got one. Givi replaced them all free of charge and even payed for repairs on a few bikes.

Tindjin fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 1, 2009

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
This weekend was a major clean up and organization effort in my garage in preparation for a couple projects.
I hate cleaning.