Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Finished putting new Keihin 41's on my Ducati, Later I will be reattaching the air box.

Throttle cables :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
New rear tire (Michelin Pilot Power)
Adjusted the timing belts

Next week. New left switches (two of the buttons are smashed/unusable) and a 15t front sprocket, the 14t was nice, but I'd appreciate a more relaxed engine at interstate speeds.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
That looks like some crazy lean angle there on the kickstand

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Did a 'Try the Track' with Ducati of Omaha at Mid-America motorplex. Full leathers, boots, gloves are now on the list

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Synonamess Botch posted:

I live in Omaha and am in love with Ducatis, but I've never heard of this. More info please!

All the info you need
http://www.ducatiomaha.com/trackdays.asp
May 23rd-24th is the Ducati-Revs event which means DEMO BIKES like the Monster, 848, 1198S, and the new 1098 Streetfighter. That day will also have a Track school which will require full gear, but the Try-the-Track just only requires over the ankle footwear + jacket + no skin showing.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Z3n, how much do you usually pay for track days? The ones here are $125/$155 and most of them are 'No Sessions.' Just curious to see what other areas charge

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Boy I am glad to have a Hydraulic clutch. The last time I ever hope to deal with cables again was when I put new throttle cables on.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Took the rotozip to my airbox and replaced what I cut with a couple of pod filters :c00l: . I can access my jets A LOT easier now

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Ola posted:

Which is a good thing as you will be rejetting it every week trying to get it to run right. :v:

Don't worry, I have a K&N Air/Fuel ratio on order so it'll run right soon

Also put on a balla (ebay special) new clutch cover

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Took the front tire off for replacement.

Built a stand just like this one for the front
http://www.mad-ducati.com/Technical/FrontStand/HMFS.html

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

So far I've checked the valve clearance on the rear exhaust valve, Everything is in spec there, so I reassembled everything and will check the other 3 valves some other day.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Snapped the frame, so i tore it down and now the frame is in my car untill i find a good welder to repair it

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

bung posted:

How the gently caress did you do that?

Stuntin :c00lbert:

But I live in NE, and once it gets welded it will go in for powdercoating too.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Yes, 95 aircooled 2v (torquey thing really) Been doing loads of wheelies and a few stoppies over the past month and a half since I've gotten really comfortable with the bike as a whole. A few of them come down hard because its hard to negotiate all the engine braking it has. I didn't notice it break until I just happened to look down while I was out with some friends and saw the break. Limped it home and noted that the bars wobbled when I let go which it hadn't done even to that very afternoon.

Bonus picture, Not the cause but certainly didn't help

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Went from this:

To this

Gonna wait a few days to put on the fairings cuz I'm likin the naked look :)

The cause for the change:

CSi-NA-EJ7 fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 27, 2009

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Engine drop and disconnecting everything thing from the frame took 2 days then reassembly took 2 afternoons. Had a few hangups but runs like a ducati now

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Bucephalus posted:

Rode to work.
Pulled into parking space.
Switched ignition off.
Shut petcock off.
Dismounted

...with the kickstand still up.:doh:

Did it fall to the ground or did you gain the strengths of 10 men with the adrenaline pumping through your veins to save it? I've had some miraculous garage tip over saves in my time

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Have you thought of getting the larger fuel tank for the hyper? Stock tank gets what 80 miles to it?

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Was gonna check the valves on my monster, but took a look at the setup and said, "gently caress this, I need a shop before I do this myself". Instead checked the brake pads, plugs, belts, and washed it. Tried to take it for a ride, then it stalled after doing a wheelie up a hill and wouldn't start up again, so I pushed it 6 blocks back home. :smith: I think it's just water, so if it doesn't start up tomorrow, then I'll be concerned.

Valves are easier to get to on the Monster than my Supersport, Since you have to take out the rear shock and the battery tray to do the vertical head. Go get yourself some feeler gauges and get it done!

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Chain was making a weird clink sound every time the master link went around the rear sprocket and on the rear stand there an obvious binding when I was turning the wheel (possibly due to noobish wheel alignment this summer). So a few weeks ago I tried to put on a new rivet master link, failed miserably. Tried riding it down the road about a mile to the Ducati Omaha store to have them put on a new chain since mine was looking bad anyway. Ended up pushing the bike back home since the new poorly attempted master link failed to hold. Drove there in my car, picked up a new chain with a clip type master link. Ended up cutting it ONE LINK too short. Cursed a lot and kicked a lot of stuff. Threw on the old chain with the new clip type master link and rode it for the first time in a few weeks. Felt good but will try again a new chain next season. :sigh: Everyone has to start learning poo poo somewhere I guess

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

bung posted:

I finally got to ride my bike after recovering from my vasectomy. I discovered that the front brakes are still hosed up making all kinds of noise. It's been in the shop 3 times for a total of 7.5 weeks for this problem. Time to start the lemon law process. :smith:

What kind of noises? Full floating rotors make lots of noises

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Z3n posted:

I got a speeding ticket on my (g/f's) ride today. :argh:

That'll teach me to zone out as I cruise across the Bay Bridge. Plus the cop was like "I don't know how fast you were going but it was fast!". :sigh: I forgot that I wasn't on the old man bike which has cop immunity. :(

That's what you get for you and your drat 364 riding days a year :argh:

Sorry I'm just a bit on edge, haven't been able to ride in several weeks and its getting to me.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Finally got around to bringing my battery inside and throwing it on the tender. Not very happy about having to load up the bike anyway in 3 weeks to move. Also I suck at winter maintenance because I've neglected to fill the gas tank more than half full, but I have started it a couple times this past couple months. I hate winter :(

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
fir 40 degree day in about a month so I started it :sigh: winter.....

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Scrapez posted:

Same here. It's 36 here today and it feels downright balmy. If not for all the snow on my driveway/street, I'd take it for a short ride. :(

I'm in Omaha, Ne and all the main roads are perfectly drivable, but when you get back in to the neighborhoods :gonk:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
A carbed monster should have a mikuni cv carb that was the same that came in my supersport. Never read or discovered any problems with missing o-rings

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Replaced the speed sensor on my SV after it not working for a month or more. Will be nice to know how much I am speeding. The teeth on the sensor were gone...did last around 38k miles though so I'm not complaining.

When I had to tear down my Ducati to the frame, the speedometer cable was laying on the floor in the garage and one of my buddies stepped on it and broke the attaching part of it. And the KTM also doesn't have a speedometer. I think I'm just asking for speeding tickets :sigh:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Wired up a new tail light to the KTM. For some reason it worked best when the positive and negative wires were switched and it took a few minutes to figure it out :confused:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

Imagined myself going for a ride. Stupid SNOW.

Seriously Nebraska? It was like 63* yesterday

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Changed oil and both oil filters (Crazy Austrians) in the KTM. Think it ran a little better in my garage with fresh stuff, could be in my head.

And dusted off the Ducati, could be doing lots of that this summer :haw:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Rode it a bunch in town. Valves are getting louder by the day, Hopefully will have time in the next two days to work on them.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Was adjsuting valves on the KTM and stripped the adjuster screw with the jam nut. Taking it to shop to get it fixed right :sigh:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Z3n posted:

Installed new EBC rotor, realized it wasn't compatible with the g/f's Motomaster setup, swore, installed old caliper, went out for a ride.

How incompatible is it? Curious because the MM stuff seems like good quality and looking at what brands to invest in

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
So an EBC rotor, with a Ducati Brembo 40mm with a relocator won't have any issues I hope. Modding fever! Jsut gotta wait for the bike to get fixed first before I blow a wad of cash on the braking system that doesn't really need to be modded :sigh:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Placed an order for a brake lisght switch for the KTM front brake. Bike came with on the rear brake but who uses those to do stoppies :v:

Also waiting for new stubby sumo front fender to come in, along with waiting for a new valve adjusting locking nut to arrive at the dealer so I can drop it off there and get my rookie valve clearancing mistakes fixed :sigh:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Put on a new Acerbis front fender. Also waiting for the part I fudged up last week while adjusting the valves to arrive at the dealer.

Also riding the piss out of the Ducati in the background.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Made my riding safer. Swept out the 50 pounds of sand at the turn in to my street so I can back it with out threats of loose sand everywhere

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

I was thinking about them for my next tires on my CBR F2. Currently I have Pilot Road tires (put on by the PO) which are more for touring and not very sticky. How do you think the Pilot Powers stack up with other comparable sportbike tires?

I have pilot powers for my Duc 900 and they are awesome. I only ever lose traction when I lock the rear or really power on first gear while leaned over otherwise super grippy and good feel.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I have a friend with a blue 2005 Gixxer that has the tank and the tail section line-x'ed, He's a shorter guy and told me flat out that he was jsut tired of scratching it.

for content, I did lots of wheelies, some little jumps off speed bumbs and stoppies. I <3 my Sumo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
On the VFR: Took off the rear pegs, and the rear grab bars, disabled the PAIR and disabled the Flapper valve. The fueling seems about perfect stock with these two things disabled.