Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

kylej posted:

CSi-NA-EJ7 were you traveling on 95 North around 2pm this afternoon? I saw a guy with a red helmet riding a red Duc that looked like yours.

Nope my poor SS is getting dusty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Ordered a screw and an oil filter for the VFR and a couple oil filters and crush washers for the DRZ. Friday I need to run to the bike shop and see what they can do for tires on the VFR. Their tire prices are right in line with the online places if you get them put on there, also.

What kind of tire you thinking about? When it comes time for mine to get some new rubber, I'll most likely get a dual compound one, like Pilot 2ct

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Electrical tape the bitch, wrap it around the lever and everything.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

lancemantis posted:

Sweated a lot, even with my meshy jacket

Its far too humid here

I'm also starting to wish I had a more comfort oriented bike, I must be getting old :(

Yeah This Humidity sucks. Mesh jacket and all I was still very sweaty after all of 10 miles :(

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Locked up the motor in the KTM 520 :( Had put the dirt tires on and was experimenting with the power in the grass. Going slideways is great fun until you fall over and your motor won't turn at all.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Got my Ducati 900 back from my friend. Was letting him borrow it while His FZ6 was down and it fell through the asphault (no big deal, planning on making it a track bike anyway) But I noticed this yesterday

So I tore the front down

Those should be connected ya know

I just need to hide the wires in the frame then mount up a bucket headlight and convert to handle bars.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I'd give it the two finger rule. Thats what the my local ktm dealer told me. You place your index and middle finger unger the chain and above the plastic slider. adjsut accordingly.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Well well well, I found the culprit of my KTM's lack of desire to fire up

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Well hopefully none aside from needing a new chain. I may get motivated again to work on getting the head off to see if there is valve damage or piston damage. Thought I doubt motivation will come when its 95 out and Colorado vacay is sunday

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Yanked off the cam chain on the KTM and pulled the spark plug, piston is not seized, which was my original concern when the motor wouldn't turn over. Is there an easy way to put on a new timing chain for a KTM rfs motor? Seems like something I'm underqualified to tackle.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Was inspecting my bike Thursday night for my trip to Colorado on Sunday when I noticed my stock Dunlops were very nearly showing tread. So its new tire time. Wanted michilin PR2s but in such short notice I ended up with some triple compound Bridgestone Battlax. Got abour 4600 miles on the stock Dunlop Sportmax on the VFR

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Sometimes I dream of owning a litrebike. Then I go out and pull wheelies and go well past the posted limits and decided that I really don't need one.

Content: I rode my bike today

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Put a headlight on my Ducati. Instead of going with a simple classy 5 inch bucket I went with what I had laying around

Sorry for poor image quality, my dslr is being borrowed. But yes, its orange.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
A goon or someone who has a hard on for bulletproof stuff

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
^^^ Awesome!!

I've been riding at the 43ºF (6ºC) mark lately, Its not all that bad, I just really wish I wouldn't keep forgetting to wear my winter gloves. DAMNIT IT WAS 88ºF TWO WEEKS AGO

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
A heated vest or whole liner would be really nice, and I have been scouting prices for them and powerlets already, I wouldn't be surprised if i ended up with atleast a heated top by the end of the year. I am scared to test the VFRs electrics load with pants on there too :ohdear:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Mock up install of the saddlebags, missing a buckle to strap it down 100% so I need to find one somewhere

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Crayvex posted:

I think you put them on backwards.

Well I'll be ...

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Pulled my pressure off to swap the clutch plates out on the 900ss and I suppose I overtorqued the bolts last week when I checked the clutch pack in the first place because it was slipping. Just glad I didn't ride on it like this.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
The Superduke was pissing coolant out of the overflow tube this weekend, so I added more, and it spat it back out on the ground again. The manual stated to lift the front wheel 20 inches of the ground to get a good bleed but I read that tilting the bike side to side would achieve the desired air-less cooling system. I tilted the bike so that the frame sliders nearly touched the garage floor and voila no more coolant draining away, YET. I've only taken it around the block a couple times tonight to get it good and hot and let it idle for a couple minutes with no wet-spots underneath :unsmith:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Thats pretty neat

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Klr 650
Grom
Ninja 250
Superduke 1290
Sv 650

All other bikes are bad in the eyes of goons

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
The old two birds with one dropped valve

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Plugged up the pair valve on the 919 so no more exhaust popping in decel. Also installed renthal road Iow bars. Really transformed the feel of the bike. They are a little wider so the bike feels a little lighter on the turn in. Definitely would recommend them to any hornet owners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Love the purple its hella rad. What's that cable going over the gas tank from the left bar?