Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

100 Years in Iraq posted:

WD-40 will dissolve the rest of that brown poo poo away if you're so inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

I revved it a couple times in the garage like a loser because I had to take the car. I forgot what it sounded like without a helmet on.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

BROKE THE CLUTCH HANDLE.

christ. Lose weight you fatass suzuki whore.

I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it. I'll buy you another one. And ... buff that scratch off your tank. The scratch on the spot where, if I'd applied that goofy plastic 'boulevard' thing instead of trying to be cool, you'd be unscratched.

If anybody asks, she rolled into a doorknob.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

its like lava posted:

Pimped my scoot. Blue LED running lights. I think I need more.

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

I would double check the legality of your scoot pimpage. Blue lights are illegal in a few(most) states.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

M4gic posted:

Then lost one of the battery terminal bolts somewhere in this area. Poked around there with a magnet retriever for 15 minutes with no luck, oh well. Back to the hardware store.

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

There's no moving parts under the battery box so hopefully it'll fall out on the road in spring.

Man, I did this, 30 miles from home on the side of a busy highway. I looked for an hour and some nice guys that pulled over even dug through the weeds for 15 minutes. Luckily I found a bolt elsewhere on the bike that could be transplanted.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Ta-da!

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Gave it a makeover. God drat that looks awful.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

Well done. I achieved similar results a while back with a turntable dust cover that was so scratched and clouded you couldn't see through it. Wet sanding was counter-intuitive, but this was a case where I couldn't have possibly made it look any worse. Works for acrylic watch crystals too--you can turn a junk drawer POS into a showpiece inside of 5 minutes.

What was your technique in this case?

Meguiar's Plastx and an electric sander/polisher with a wool bonnet because I read that foam can scratch some plastics. I don't know how true that is. Technique involved wrestling it down with my feet because I don't have anything to clamp it down with. :shobon: It really was super straightforward.

I honestly thought it was beyond help because of the apparent yellowing. Now I feel dumb for not having done this sooner.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

I'm trying to think of a chain cleaning procedure where doing it in your living room wouldn't be a disastrous idea.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

^^What did you use to fix them in place? I have some grips to put on and plan on using hairspray if anyone has experience with that.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

After my fuel pump died back in February, I finally found a replacement that I could afford and so I rode it today. :hellyeah:

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Supradog posted:

liberal use of size adapters

Very nice.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

I rode it 1012 miles and turned my 9 day trip into a 7 day one. I woke up in a State Park in Idaho yesterday and had a meal in SLC. When I went to use the bathroom, I had a look at myself in the mirror and could not believe how haggard I looked. Dirty matted down hair, sunburned face, skin breaking out, bloodshot eyes, gear splattered in bug guts. I had just come from "scenic" Idaho and the Salt Lake was a grey muddy disappointment, so I I said fudge it and rode home to the Bay Area overnight. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Definitely not north enough. I'd come in through Boise and was hoping to pop into Yellowstone, but the ride was longer than I thought and no camping was available, so I went south instead. That whole leg of the trip was improvised, so that's what happens when you don't plan ahead.