Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007
Bags of cereal are awesome

8ender posted:

Thats the last time I trust those crazy old bastards on the KZ650 forums. :mad:

Use whatever your manual calls for, every time. Believe it or not, even the Kaw engineers probably knew what they were doing (at least regarding brake fluid).

To contribute, I finally installed my oil cooler, new petcock, oiled my filters and installed my new front M/C

CoolBlue fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007

Trintintin posted:

I cleaned all the grime off of her, and then put her on display in my front yards in hopes that someone steals it.

Seriously.

Why?

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007

kcer posted:

The thing is no loving better than it was before the new(?) clutch. It was awful on the ride home, so straight away I took the fairing off, opened up the clutch cover and checked the sprocket (both sprockets look great) the clutch mechanism and the push rod. They all look fine.

I've eliminated every possible option. It's not the drivetrain, it's not the clutch mechanism, it's not the cable, it's not the lever, it's not the push rod and it supposedly has a brand new clutch on. The only possible remaining choice is that he's replaced it and filled it with poo poo oil.

Are you SURE the cable is adjust correctly? Just double/triple/quadruple check it. Oil with friction modifiers/energy savers (as mentioned before) really will do a number on a wet clutch. An oil change is cheap, might as well try it.

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

Today I siphoned the av gas out of the Husky and replaced with 93 cause I wasn't sure about mixing the two. AV gas has an after-taste that lingers a bit longer than regular. Then I took it for a short ride and ended up pulling a wheelie from a dead stop right on my own street. Also made an appointment to have it looked over at a dealer in a week.

Mustard. Kills the gas taste.

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007

Skreemer posted:

Well the B1250 has a feature that my old GS550 didn't, parking lights. Apparently if you leave said parking lights on through a 10 hour work shift and no one tells you, it'll drain the battery completely.

So there you have it... that's what I did to my bike today...

Oh yah, yesterday I got my bike to an indicated 135mph... just a hair over the 65mph speed limit...

Do me a favor, shut the gently caress up about your 1250. I cannot afford one right now, and you're not making it any easier, ok? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007

Chill_Bebop posted:

I started it up.

Still bogs in the midrange

Still a nightmare

still waiting to do a valve adjustment job

Wish I had friends who were into Bikes who lived near me to help out

You live in CA, there are like a half a million motorcycle goons out there. I'm sure someone here could help you out.