Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Razgriz
Aug 4, 2007
Rode it. Because some of us don't put it away for the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Razgriz
Aug 4, 2007
Ninja 500 maintenance time after a helpful post from Z3n.

Cleaned and lubed the chain. Found a good use for the second trip meter (chain lube timer!). Realized I need to sacrifice an old tshirt to be my chain cleaner, as using the only thing I had to hand, an old but still usable chamois leather, was less than ideal. Checked air pressure in both tires, brought up to spec. Idly wondered how rich I would be if I invented tires that didn't lose pressure yet were still properly flexible.

Ghost of Razgriz
Aug 4, 2007
Changed the Ninja 500's dirty air filter, replacing it with a K&N bought mostly for the washable/reusable aspect and less for the questionable performance increase. A twenty mile test ride later and I can't attest to it actually increasing horsepower. Surprisingly the local dealership offered the best price on the filter, and on the way out I had to force myself to stop looking longingly at the shiny new ZX-6.