Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I adjusted the shifter a bit, discovered that the silly little box under the sissy bar can be removed, and sat on the bike for a while twisting the throttle and making "Vroom vroom!" noises in my head, dreaming of my MSF class on April 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Ha! Nice to know I'm not the only one who does it, then :)

I have to say, just having worked on the bike a tiny bit, and pushing it around the garage have made me a good deal less scared of it then I was at first. I cannot even begin to explain just how tempting it is to try and take it out, ESPECIALLY on beautiful days like we just had here.

My MSF course can't come soon enough!

Now, back to the garage to make more vroom noises :dance:

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
1: Started the Vgo up, wobbled down my ice-and-slush covered driveway into the clear streets, puttered around town for a while.

2: Paid the ~$200 for title and plates for me Wee at the Currency Exchange

3: Bought insurance for my Wee

4: Road my Wee all loving over Chicago :D

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Crashed it. *headdesk*

Crash Test Us thread has details

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

N183CS posted:

Please research Power Pushovers before you get one. :ohdear: Thats what stopped me from getting a pusher type gyrocopter. Check out the Little Wing for a safer, albeit larger alternative.
http://www.littlewingautogyro.com/

I think that, like with motorcycles, auto-gyros can be made very safe with proper pilot training. If you fly them like a fixed-wing, yeah you'll probably die, but as long as you know their quirks and work with them, they're not more dangerous then other light aircraft.

Tsaven Nava fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 23, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Experienced full throttle in second gear on my Wee.

I know that it's not a particularly powerful bike, but christ. It's like the hand of god is trying to rip the bike forwards through space and time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Put a new tire on. OMG the bike is a thousandy times more willing to lean now! Even though I replaced it with the same tire, the old one was so flatspotted that it was down to the shiny bits.

Someday I'll get a real sportbike that I can get proper sticky rubber for . . .