Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Today I installed an r6 throttle tube on my naked sv650, and its pretty much the best 8 dollars I've ever spent. The throttle pull was shortened a fair amount, but it's still completely practical for every day use.

Also, working in a college parking lot sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I rode mine from college station to the dallas metroplex. Time was a factor, so it had to be 3 hours of bug filled highways. Besides, I don't know of any "good" roads along the way.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
My FZ6 will love me this winter.

I ordered everything I need to replace the parts damaged during a hit and run, fz1 handlebars (supposed to be slightly more aggressive and much more comfortable), and leo vince exhaust (398 shipped!).

Since I'm going to be pulling the bike apart to replace the oil pan and most of the cowling, I figured I might as well spiff it up a little.

I'll probably buy some flushmounts, fender eliminator, sparkplugs, and a replacement air filter, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I also may order a speedo healer, its just a bugger to justify spending 100 bones on something that only makes the speedo more accurate. Unfortunately, after going -1 on the front sprocket, there is a pretty large margin of error. Why can't the japs make a bike with an accurate speedometer to begin with!

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Finally did the naked conversion for my fz6. It came out pretty well, but definitely not OEM quality. I'm gonna have to go through and loctite everything. The fairings used to make noise at 5.5k rpm. I never could figure out exactly what caused it. Not having that annoying noise is entirely worth it!

edit - I suck at pictures

TEASE MY NECKBEARD fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 25, 2011

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Picked up some new tires for my ride, and I have been riding the absolute crap out of it the last few days. I loved pilot power 2cts on my other bikes, and it looks like I'm also going to love the pilot road 2s as well. Couldn't be any happier with the b-king.

Heres a decently scenic, albeit not particularly curvy, route for anyone interested. I didn't take any pictures, though. I never think to do it :(

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209791999443773244015.0004c0d2f6cd1d4bf9905&msa=0

This is a picture that someone else took at our ruff ryders (i.e. college students) bike night. The real star of the picture is that 675s beautiful exhaust.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I've been spending a lot of time at a coffee shop studying for the CPA exams. I've become THAT guy that rides his bike to and from a coffee shop. My poor, poor b-king deserves better. I just felt like I needed to express my self loathing somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Today I rode a b-king down many dirt and gravel roads. I am thoroughly exhausted. Kind of makes me want a drz or klr, though.