Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tzam
Mar 17, 2009
Have you tried putting a resistance between the coolant sensor line and sensor ground? If it's supposed to use a resistive sensor it may not work with an open circuit.
http://www.microsquirt.info/uswiring.htm mentions a ntc sensor, based on the review at https://www.diyautotune.com/product/gm-closed-element-clt-iat-sensor-with-connector/ a few hundred ohm may do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tzam
Mar 17, 2009
On my bike (09 zx6r) the intake side of the airbox is the bottom and the engine side is above the filter, so doesn't need anything other than a simple drain, has been that way on every bike I've seen.

tzam
Mar 17, 2009

1g is around slightly less than 10m/s2 so that's only around 0.4g I think?

tzam
Mar 17, 2009
Usually you can see it if you watch the sight glass as you pull the bike off the side stand, as the bike approaches vertical the oil should come into view. If it becomes visible as soon as you pull it off the stand, it's way overfilled.

tzam
Mar 17, 2009

Martytoof posted:

At any rate, I have the kit so I think I'll try to swap everything out this weekend anyway. Like the look of these, super solid.

I hope you didn't get the painted banjo fittings -I've had a HEL kit on my front brake and the paint on the inside of the fittings has come off after 5 years or so and is floating around in the brake system. There are some surprisingly large bits coming out when I bleed the brakes! I don't have ABS but I don't imagine they'd do the pump and valves any good.