Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

I finally got a chance to look into why my TW200 has been making weird noises, and finally just wouldn't take off from a stoplight, resulting in me having to push it home.

Hm, this looks normal:

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Wait, something's not right...

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Well, let's see what that's supposed to look like in the manual.

gently caress. Me. Running. The area circled in red does not quite match up to the pic of mine. Hmmm.

I've already called a shop, it'll be $19cdn for a sprocket, $9 for the retainer thing, and $162 for a new shaft. Not to mention hours of pulling apart the whole goddamn engine to get to it.

Seriously, how does something like this happen? I had the sprockets & chain done ~10,000km ago. The real kicker is it finally gave up the ghost on the first nice day/ride of the season...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU