Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:jail:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

I work on extremely expensive wafer fab equipment. I assure you, we use a mix of metric and SAE. :patriot:

:bustem:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There was an absolutely torrential downpour on Monday, so I'm confident the roads are pretty clean. Got the bike out for the year today. It begins.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

We put candles in our boots, which was the style at the time :cloud:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Forensic welding is a :discourse: concept

Honestly, if the cut off chunk of kickstand was in the box of parts, you’re dealing with a pretty decent PO all things considered.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’ve been sick as a dog and haven’t felt up to riding, so I’ve just looked at my bike longingly from my car during some really nice weather.

It always happens this way. We had an amazing weekend of nothing but sun and warm weather and I spent it in bed.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah hand guards are key. It doesn’t matter much if the grip heaters are roasting your palms, if the wind is freezing the tops of your hands.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am positive I’ve told this story before but when I rode Milwaukee to Chicago on the rv90 with some friends on their 50cc Yamaha Jogs, we made it all the way to Chicago, rode around downtown Chicago all day, and made it all the way back to south Milwaukee the next day before my buddy had the brilliant idea to utter the cursed phrase “I can’t believe nothing broke on the bikes” while we were stopped for lunch.

The literal first stop light after we left from lunch, my clutch cable snapped.

I wound up pulling the sheath off it, grabbing the cable near the engine with a pair of vice grips and just pulling up on the vice grips when I needed the clutch.

It was a nightmare balancing act of literally balancing, braking, managing the throttle and learning a whole new set of skills to manage the clutch in Milwaukee traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Allow me to bless your bolt life: Orange loctite exists (but seems to be kinda unknown) and sits perfectly between blue and red. it’s fantastic for a lot of stuff that you want to really stay put but still don’t want to use a torch to remove.