Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
My KTM (lol) has two magnetic drain areas that are separate from the two oil filters and oil plug. Didn't find anything during the last oil change so idk, but the bike only has 4k miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Slavvy posted:

1. Give it time

2. Usually it's flakes of brass caught in the mesh screens + several grams of alloy dust in the oil
Yeah, I changed it right when I got it when it had even less miles so we'll see this summer what it looks like.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Took a bunch of plastic off the tail and somehow managed not to break anything. It was a lot more work than it looks like though.

Before:

After:

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

knox_harrington posted:

Nice job, looks much better 👍
Thank you!

Pinny posted:

I put the Evotech one on mine, it was a lot more effort than I initially thought too

You can get an idea of how much smaller the other brake light is here too

That looks really nice, I plan to do more with the lights, but I wanted that plastic crap gone as soon as I could so I just grabbed a cheap kit that actually worked better than I expected. In the middle of the process I was wondering what I had got myself in to, but it worked out.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I went ahead and did the 600 mile service myself after the dealer wanted $500. They said they would honor the warranty anyway, so I got the oil and filter from them so they have the date of purchase on it and using the recommended oil.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I took a garage remote, took it apart, added a voltage step down, and wired it up to the horn, so now I can open the garage with the horn, best thing ever, not shown, shrink wrap and hot glue to fill in the gaps.

I also finally got heated grips installed, should get me more riding time this year.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Slavvy posted:

One weird trick your neighbours hate!
I removed the horn for now. I can plug it back in if it's a big deal, but I never use it except by mistake. I was thinking about having its own button, but this was easier for now, I can always do the button thing later, I ran an extra cable for that already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I went riding yesterday, the first day after the massive rains ended, and before that two big ice storms, and it was a mess. It was like 63 degrees in Portland, but there are rocks and sand still all over the road and limbs and branches from trees and a bunch of new potholes. I came home and I was actually covered in dirt and my bike looked terrible. Was fun though, I am going out again in a few minutes.

It looks a lot drier out now though, so hopefully that cuts down on the road grime.