Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
Tore arpart the headlight/fairing/gauge assembly polished up the gauges with some plastic polish, replaced a couple of burnt out bulbs, still can't get my gas light bulb to come on though so that's still in the works. Ended up gluing my headlight in place due to the plastic mounts cracking.

Getting the clutch replaced tomorrow and hopefully replacing the bushing on the top of the rear shock later this week.

I can't wait till April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

echomadman posted:

I eviscerated my 95 f650 today, engine is puking oil into the airbox and all signs point towards a counterbalance shaft seal. http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/CounterBalanceSealFailureFAQ.htm

tiny loving part that requires the engine to be dropped and split. I have a full seal and gasket kit for it so while its open I'll replace everything i can. no pics of the teardown as i didnt want to get my camera or phone destroyed with grime and oil, i'll be needing a few new exhaust header studs and nuts too as i had to cut off the lower nut on both header pipes, also all the hoses are perished and crappy so i'll be replacing them aswell.
I'll be bringing the engine into the kitchen to split it so i'll take plenty of pics of the whole thing.
The local shop wanted 300 euro to do it with me dropping the engine and bringing it in, 500 with them doing it all. given the current state of my finances my time isnt really that valuable.

Sorry to hear that, my 2003 F650 had some calamity with the gear box causing the countershaft to become lose (movable by 1/2" up, down left, right) and I ended up just buying a new engine since mine had 53K miles on it and two different shops wanted in upwards of $2000 to drop the motor split the cases, figure out what caused it and fix it. Best of luck on your rebuild, I'm really interested to hear how easy/difficult it is for you.