Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

What did you do to your ride: post your jacking setups
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Update: chain fine, 9 fingat left

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Went to fill up the tires before heading out, and the front one of these suckers is leaking:

I'm thinking it's the spring on the cap end, since it starts going when I took it off. Ah well. Fun while it lasted.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

Also I'm getting old and life's too short not to indulge in cracking an engine to see what's inside :3:
I'd that's all you wanted I got a trashed Honda in the backyard lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Biek's put away for its winter nap, time for a meal and beer out to console myself lol.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just got an email from my storage place saying bike's gotta be out by April 15th unless you're getting it worked on. Nature is healing :toot:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
You will find they're worth it. Especially if you're dealing with carbs.

I found JIS screws taking apart a couple of old synths and was glad to have the proper drivers.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Got it from the shop with some new Road 6s, looking forward to the first trip out of town to run em in

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Actually woke up decently early for a change and was able to get out on the road around 10am to hit Forks Of The Credit, and there was no one immediately in front or behind me, and I could ride my ride without worrying about closing in on some slow moving suv. Score!

Then got back to Toronto and I swear it took an hour to get from the highway to home. At least it wasn't too toasty in full leathers. Filled up for the first time this year and yeesh.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

surivdaoreht posted:

I went through the Forks last weekend, beautiful spot. Have you been through Hockley Valley?
Not yet! It's on the plan for the next time I'm up that way.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Did some shopping

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Washed, waxed, put away for the winter. Not this early by choice, mind, just wary of what the Doc's gonna say on Nov 2nd that might take me out of action completely for a while. Better to take care of this while the weather's good and I'm still mobile lol.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
*sigh*

Fine, we'll go back to mechanical injection.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Woot got the email from the storage place saying it's almost time to call in and make a pick up appointment. Weather's been a bit all over the place, so hopefully should get it around Easter weekend

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
At one point I was thinking about trying to sell my GSF650 for a SV, but I've barely put any distance on it so far. Need to give it a few more years I think, and those SVs are pretty rare round here.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Picked it up from storage! It's only like 4°C out, but wasn't too bad a ride home. I was most worried about my hands tbh, but the old winter gloves I got years ago were fine. The sun helped. And since so many people leave the street on holiday weekends I snagged a parking spot right in front.

And of course as I was suiting up the overpants in the store I realized I had worn just my regular boots and not riding boots like I normally would lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Subway was dead, so I rode up to my dentist appointment. I usually do that anyway because it's uptown and usually going against traffic most of the way.

I basically never use the left pocket of my over pants because I just use the right one for keys. I was using the phone gps to map my route, so put that it my left pocket. And blammo, found my old neck gaiter that went missing a year or so ago! I assume I used it on the ride to the storage place in 2021 and shoved it in that pocket. Never ever would've thought of looking in there. After I tried all the jacket pockets I gave up lol

Fake edit: went to out the cover on the bike and see some dude sitting on his ride next to mystery e-bike. Turns out he's the friend of the guy who owns it, and he's on the phone trying to make arrangements of what to do with. They guess the battery died or something, so he just parked it. Moosetery solved.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And just like that, the badly parked e-bike has disappeared after 3 weeks :cool:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Turned on my GoPro when starting my ride, then second guessed myself as to whether or not it was on. Used the selfie camera on my phone to see if the red light was on. And I thought it was, but apparently not lol. Oh well.

Main highlights I missed was a really good run with no traffic through Forks of the Credit, some nitwit on a sports bike just winging it between the HOV and regular lanes on the 410 at least 130km/h, and a kid on a BMX giving me the wave :3:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah I've normally done that exact move, idk what was going on in my thought process.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Didn't capture anything on the way home either, apparently I need to re-learn how to operate a GoPro

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

opengl posted:

I've had a few bikes with a hook(s) under the seat you slip the D ring into, and reinstall the seat, locking the helmet in place. It was super convenient. None of my current bikes have that though.
Shoei ratchet straps! :argh:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just realized when filling up a couple days ago I named the bike "My Suzuki" in Fuelly lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Successfully operated my GoPro on the ride out and on the ride home again!

Did NOT wash it after dinner today because it's loving hot and gross out lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And/or run stabilizer through it :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Went to fill up, hit exactly 9700km.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Better than breaking your ankle tbh

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

No. 6 posted:

Gonna start a shoe company called Helmeti
lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Had some stupidity when taking off the bar end weights on the Suzuki: hadn't done anything like it in the years since I put newer heated grips on the old Bandit, so instead of just loosening the bolt a bit and getting it all connected, I kept turning and got half out, with the bottom bit still in the handlebar tube.

I eventually got it out with some MacGyvering, but yeah lesson learned lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Had today off and went to take the biek to the storage place and grab a beer & fried chicken and the pub across the street. Both are closed mondays lmao. I really should've just taken the drat thing in before my vacation a couple weeks ago.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Thread title
lol perfect

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hail.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Got it from storage :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Forgot how much fun it is to take off for a quick supermarket trip right after lunch. Go at 1:00 and the kiddies are all back in school & the usual lunchtime traffic has mostly gone.