Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Cut down the snorkel on my SV, and fashioned a plate to block the gap between the frame and airbox to stop it sucking hot air. Tank risers to come next week. Love that induction noise!

Also bought a timing retard eliminator of eBay which should arrive in 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Z3n posted:

Did you shim the carbs as well? I had poo poo luck with the bike running well with stock carbs and an aftermarket exhaust when I swapped to a less restrictive airbox.

As far as i can tell its not running lean at all, no backfire or popping under engine braking. Also i have an EFI model so im not familiar with this industrial age technology you speak of.

It wont be long until the next service so i will get it tuned pretty soon. Ahh i cant wait, i hate these stock tyres and want some Road 2s so bad. I will probably change the front to a 70 profile and drop the forks 5mm through the triple clamps, hopefully that will help it fall in until i can afford/source a GSXR 750 front end.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Z3n posted:

Gen 2...:argh:

Yep, i have the obligatory Yoshimura TRS slip on. Hopefully a 70 profile and dropping the forms, maybe 10mm after reading up on peoples comments, will make some difference. I actually think the suspension on my old VTR250 was better for cornering, but i think it was more the weight of the thing that made it so flickable. I love my SV, but sometimes... stock suspension:argh:

Also, to stay on topic, i sanded, primed and spray painted my helmet today. A faux chrome helmet was a bit to much, so now its matte black! Pics tongiht!

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
12k service and a set of Michelin Pilot Powers for the SV650.

I cant wait to get them scrubbed in and hit the mountains. After 12k of horrible OEM tyres, im dying for some feeling.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

-1 tooth sprocket on the front, rebuilt R1 rear shock in the back, chain cleaned and adjusted and speedo healer installed.

Those two mods have made it feel like a totally different bike.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Taking the front fairing off to chase down vibrations and I totally snapped one of the plastic tabs off.

5 minutes plastic welding with a soldering iron and infilling with cable tie plastic and it should be good to go. Ugly, but better than glue or epoxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Besides opening up the stator cover and checking the ticking time bomb in there (looks okay but will replace soon), installed some HEL lines on the FZ.