Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darknrgy
Jul 26, 2003

...wait come back
I finished adjusting my valves on my EX500 today for the first time. I had a lot of valve noise at idle which is now much quieter. Little bit more ticking during revs, but I think that is the correct behavior post valve adjustment. Seems like I have more power now too :) might just be by imagination. Engine also seems more willing to be at higher revs - little bit smoother. Exhaust valves were both 0.003" out of spec. ~0.002" out of spec on a few others. Learned a lot overall. Remember to be careful about dropping the little coolant collars down in the engine, they are just kind of hanging out once you pull the cover off.

engine are neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU