Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Wasted several hours changing tires. Went very fast (for me), took an hour and a half to get the wheels off, old tires off, new tires on. And the loving bead wouldn't set. Tried all kinds of stuff but after a couple more hours it got late and now I have 2 rims with the sidewalls stuck on an inner lip of the rim, haven't had this happen before. Now I get to find somewhere that will set them before track day on Sat.

Ironically this was going to be my only DIY tire change of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I had a G1 Tuono and once you mucked around with the electrics it was well sorted enough. It needed a lot of juice to crank. As big a batt that fit under the seat, solder some of the prone-to-fail wire connectors, beefier starter solenoid, and then lower the draw on the battery. I put in LED tail bulbs and gained over 1 volt measured at the gauges (the voltage drop with standard bulbs when you triggered the brake light was hilarious), battery was always strong after that and no reliability issues.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Downgrade

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I have the circulation of a corpse, I pretty much needed my heated gloves for sustained riding under 40F. Heated grips would give me warm palms and ice cold fingers/thumbs, and lead to death-gripping the bars to extract more heat from them. This is with a heated vest too, without that forget it (but vest and no gloves won't work for me either, hands would probably just ice up and break off T1000-style).

Also drat a tshirt-thin heated vest w/arms would be amazing, and heated moto gear in general is pretty clunky especially when you have to ghetto wire older bikes w/ a relay system and connectors and stuff.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Voltage posted:

Had my R1 stolen right out of my parking garage on Friday while I was at work. Worst part was I just got my new helmet in the mail the same day.
Really hope insurance isn't too much of a pain in the rear end, since I doubt they will ever find the thing.

Wow, that sucks. There should be footage, at least? (No, you'll never see it again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I always used a pair of oil filter pliers, kindof a big wide set of pliers with a couple kinks in it that give you the leverage to slightly crush the filter and turn it. I used to religiously follow the manual directions that were like "filter makes contact plus one quarter turn" and they end up welded on so I just screw them on like a bottle cap.