Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Today I checked the tire pressure on my bike and found the front tire was down 7psi from yesterday. Looks like the bike pump and I are going to be good friends for the next few weeks, until the guy who installed my tire re-opens his shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Put on swingarm sliders and a crampbuster throttle control. My trip next month is looking a lot better already.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Yesterday: Had Buell footpegs installed on the ZZR-600.

Today: Put my new Corbin seat on.

It already has Heli-bars, so I'm ready for my 3000 mile trip now.

ninja edit: The middle aged bandanas and leather crowd hate it when I tell them my bike is part Harley.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Packed up all my luggage(Nelson-Rigg rear seat bag, saddlebags, tank bag) and took it for a spin around town. It doesn't seem to affect handling much at all, even though it's 60+lbs.

Tomorrow I ride to Milledgeville, GA on my way to Deal's Gap.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I sold the motherfucker. Got less than I was asking, and quite a bit less than it was worth, but at least that anxiety is gone. Praise Jesus.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Extremity posted:

I fell off of it.

Another classic username/post combo.

Sorry about your crash. Hope you heal quickly.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Found out the tank I ordered online couldn't be coated by the radiator shop because there were a number of tiny pinprick holes in it.

The battery is charging now. Tomorrow I will take the bike to the cycle shop, and ask them whether I should keep and patch the current leaky tank, patch the new tank and hope it doesn't leak, or try to find a new tank. Also, the front tire is low and cracked, the chain is badly out of adjustment, and it needs an oil change.

OWNING AN OLD BIKE IS FUN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Patching holes, because there are SO MANY MORE holes in my gas tank than previously thought. It looks like someone blasted the underside with birdshot.