Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
I finally got new tires put on the SV this weekend. Got some Dunlop Roadsmarts to replace the six year old tires that were on there when I bought the bike. The difference in grip is incredible between the two sets.

Gnaghi posted:

dreams

Speaking of dreams, I had a dream about this the other night.

Z3n posted:

I think I pretty much slid at about 80mph on the top of my helmet for a second or 2.

The best part about dreams is having instant replay, so I watched this over and over. I think I need to stop reading CA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

Ola posted:

I forgot to mention what I took pictures of. I hit my first bird. :( Saw him go under and flap around in the mirror. I turned to check out the little feller, looked like he had gone clean under the wheel, broke its back and died right away.

Birds. They can fly so high yet they insist on crossing roads at 1 ft of altitude.

I was hit in the chest by a bird not too long ago. One of the biggest wtf moments for me so far.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
Picked up some T-Rex stands off craigslist so I could finally get around to cleaning my chain.

While cleaning the chain, I noticed there's a tight spot in it. Is this something that's going to kill me immediately, or is it alright to let it go for a while?

Also, for those of you who clean with kerosene, how do you dispose of it and any rags you use?

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

dietcokefiend posted:

How long has it been since it has been cleaned and oiled? After I started using gear oil I had a tight spot that went away surprisingly quick. In regards to the cleaner and paper towels I just toss them in a trashcan and move it outside with the lid off. The stuff evaporates at a quick rate and leaves everything dry after a couple of hours. I just dont like leaving that stuff sit around since I am pretty paranoid about fires.

It's probably been about 1000 miles since it was last cleaned and lubed. I'm using the spray teflon chain wax right now, but will probably switch to regular gear oil after this can is gone.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
Got a vista cruise throttle lock and installed it today. Still need to tweak it a little bit, but I think it should make my 20 mile highway commute a little easier.

dietcokefiend posted:

Switch to gear oil and never look back. That poo poo attracts so much dirt and junk that you need to clean it off constantly. Gear oil uses the power of magic and dead squids to keep the chain looking shiny.

So you don't the tight spot in the chain is going to cause any problems right away? Just something I should keep an eye on.