Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Clean and lube the chain, nothing spectacular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

VTNewb posted:

Bought a "new" one:

$300

Still going to get the v-max?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Did you get your bike sorted out Ola?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Ola posted:

:argh:

poo poo, that sucks. For purely selfish reasons I hope you get everything sorted out, I can't wait to hear about your Europe trip.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Ola posted:

I packed its bags. Now to get some sleep. In 10 hours I hit the ferry bound for Europe! See ya!

I am anxiously awaiting your report. Ride safe!

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Ola posted:

Trip update...
Good to hear you are still making progress with the oil problems. I'm looking forward to your update with photos. Good Luck!

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Changed the oil, oil filter and spark plugs. I also cleaned and lubed the chain.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Last night I had to give it a full detail after the dust storm and will now have to clean the air-filter again.

I saw a few pictures of the dust storm in the news reports here in the states. How bad was it? How much dust did it leave on everything? The pictures were crazy so I'm curious how nasty it actually was.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Z3n posted:

From everything I've seen, Delkevic stuff is the absolute best that you're going to see when it comes to chinese knockoff stuff, and when you can get complete fairing sets for 300$, it's sort of hard to beat.

I'm really tempted to get one of their cans. $150 bucks for a stainless slip-on is hard to beat.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Are those the Cortech Sport Saddlebags? Do you think a 15" MacBook Pro would fit?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Awesome, thanks. I'm afraid to use a tank or a tail bag because I don't want the laptop to sit flat, I'd rather drive around with it vertical.

Being a sysadmin means I have to carry around the laptop most of the time. I get tired of having to lug a backpack around all the time and would like an alternative.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

UserNotFound posted:

Netbook

Have you used on as a sysadmin? I think they loving suck. After 15 years of typing on a normal keyboard I couldn't get the hang of the moved keys on the smaller netbook keyboards. I used a Dell Mini 9 and hated it.

I'm a linux fag so I actually use the keyboard :ohdear:

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

blugu64 posted:

And you'll have plenty of space on the pelican case for a giant Tux sticker.

I'm not that big of a fag, but I'm also a Mac fag. I tried the 13" Mac Book and while the keyboard is fine I don't like the size of the actual laptop. The palms of my hands rest right on the bottom edge of the laptop and the plastic rubs funny. Maybe I'm just a wimp and I need to suck it up.

I'm with Zen, I am paranoid about the vibrations, which is why I don't want to travel with the laptop horizontal. The backpack is great 95% of the time, but sometimes I just don't feel like wearing it.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Happy Anniversary!

Post some pics of the Lego when its built, I'd love to see it.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

Lego bike

Awesome, that looks great!

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I got a set of Pilot Powers for the SV put on this afternoon. I noticed a 1" long crack/split in my rear tire and decided I'd better not tempt fate.

If you are in Phoenix check out The Wheel Shop. They have the look and feel of a Harley shop but all the guys in there were very cool.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Ahahahahahaha!

Yeah, the site could use some work...

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Captain Apollo posted:

God drat I didn't realize how much I missed the freedom of motor cycle riding!!!
If you could only do one or the other, which would you pick? Motorcycle riding or flying a plane?

I've wanted to take flying lessons for as long as I can remember...

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

I'm holding the triple up by straps, that are on my garage rafters.

It'll hold for the next couple days, shouldn't it?

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

I had my SV hanging from garage rafters with ratchet straps on the bars. It seemed to be fine and I'm sure I'll do it again at some point.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

gently caress:

I wonder what the penalty is for breaking the no trespassing law?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

No pictures since I'm lazy, but I installed a new shift lever on the WR tonight. I've been feeling a little gimpy while shifting with the off-road boots so I figured for $35 I'd try a new shifter. Well, the picture on the site is deceiving, the lever isn't curved, its straight. It is almost the exact dimensions of the stock lever. I'm still going to keep it, it is a fraction of the weight of the stock lever.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

M4 GP.

The rim tape looks pretty sharp. Is that stock?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

MotoMind posted:

Adjusted the valve clearance on my WR250R at 10K. Exhaust valves were borderline out of spec, intakes were at the lower end of spec.

In other news, Japan's hate of the US for Hiroshima does not decrease with time if the serviceability of new motorcycles is anything to go by.

What is the history of the bike? So much for the claimed 26k mile valve check interval.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

the walkin dude posted:

The GF watched as my 2005 SV650 was loaded for shipping to Maricopa County.

Sometime next month I'll be flying out there to show my best friend how to do maintenance on the bike and how to transition to it from his 150cc Stella.

Well, poo poo. I live in Phoenix and I'm trying to sell an 04 SV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I did my first two water crossings on the Hyperstrada today, who would have guessed it would be in suburban Scottsdale. Two flooded areas of Scottsdale road from the rain this morning, I probably shouldn't have taken the bike. On the upside, it was about 80 degrees instead of the 110+ it usually is.