Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I stared at my bike because it was 30 and raining. Tomorrow...50 and sunshine! I shall ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Welp, ran out of gas on my bike today for the first time. Even switched to reserve while still moving!

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I washed mine after a nice 200 mile stroll around upstate ny this weekend. Cleaned the chain and lubed it up, first time for me actually doing the chain...and hell first time washing the whole bike too.

Saturday I went all the way around Cayuga Lake, one of the finger lakes, I decided to make it my goal to ride around the major finger lakes in the region this summer.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I took the long way home after going out on a ride with my GF and her dad, the 160 mile long way home. Best 140 mile detour ever.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Got my bike inspected today, while I was there they were repairing a Ninja 250 that some dude somehow wheelied and flipped over backwards. The owner came and talked to me about it, probalby to put the fear into me (it was the same exact bike, color and decals as mine). Was pretty interesting to see a 250 that had been down like that.. haha.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Simkin posted:

I'm sure if you dumped the clutch in first at ~12k rpm, you might loop it.

Which was exactly what he said he did, got it up to about 13k and let the clutch go, not sure if he was moving or not.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Took the Ninjette offroading this weekend, found some nice spots to go camping in a few weeks. Now just gotta wait for the saddlebags to arrive and to plan out a short trip!

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Got some Luggage for the Ninjette, put it on under the seat. Then couldn't get the seat back off and bent a key in the process. Luckily I have a spare and got the luggage out, looks like it'll be sitting on top of the seat whenever I use it.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I hit the rev limiter for the first time!

And almost dumped it later on, I was pulling into my driveway but there is a ton of construction going on so they have this hard rubber tube on my driveway, tire hit it at an angle and bike went about 2/3 over. Luckily I was only going like 5 mph so I was able to save it with my foot.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Rode my bike for the first time in a few weeks, it's been non-stop cold/rain/clouds for something like a month now :(. Crossed 4000 miles today though! Looks like I'll get one more day in tomorrow then I'll probably be putting it away.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Temps hit high 40's yesterday but it was sunny! First time in a few weeks we've had sun so I took it out for the first ride of the year. Most excellent times were had, sadly no pics were though.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I rode it 240 miles to look at a different bike that was picked up this morning :(.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

wilkenm posted:

My street triple was feeling lonely, so I bought her a friend.

Funny. I was feeling a bit lonely so I bought a Street Triple!

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
loving rode the thing! Bought the bike used a few months ago, and finally got the oil changed last weekend and registered this week. Rode it to the bike shop for a once over and new tires and...a Street Triple is a nice step up from my old 250, wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Saga posted:

How close did you get to flipping it over backwards? :devil:

Haha, Front tire never left the ground. I'll def want to know how to wheelie so I will know what to do if I ever do it accidently.