Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
Check out this model I started.

I was designing a backrest/luggage rack to fabricate and figured I'd go ahead and do the rest of the bike too.

The backrest in question:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Handiklap fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
Switched out a battery that became unchargeable after the third round of the headlight marathon game. Of course, then I had to change the oil. Then I had to clean my oil screen. This caused me to destroy the right side crankcase gasket, so I took a crash course in making your own with fiber sheet and a ball pein hammer, a very useful skill when you don't want to (a)pay 20x the cost of the material for a prefab, and (b)wait for it to post.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
This summer ended up being way too hot for me to ride (GA, ATGATT), so after a long few months of neglect and lack of battery conditioning, I grabbed a new one for the Rebel and cranked it up for the fall/winter riding season. No dice. Full choke. Turned over and died. I was able to keep it alive with half throttle or more, so I took it for a spin and still after 5 minutes it would die anywhere south of 1/3 throttle. Ended up rebuilding a carb for the first time today. All of you probably suspected from the start, "this guy has a clogged slow jet," but it was a pretty sweet feeling putting it all back together, hitting the starter with no choke, and hearing the sweet sounds of 234cc of p-twin happiness. It's pissing gas from the fuel inlet but I don't give a gently caress, I'll fix it tomorrow.

e: being summer, I had completely forgotten to drain the carbs after i decided to wait out the heat. Summerizing :eng101:

Handiklap fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 17, 2011