Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I can do rear tires, still haven't gotten the hang of front tires.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

For street bikes I just clean and re-install or switch to a reusable cleanable filter.

Though you can do more harm than good by cleaning and gooping a filter wrong and re-installing it, so its worth taking some care.

For my dirt bikes I used to do the reusable filters and now I just buy notoils and replace them every 10 hours or so. Engines are too high strung and the environment to harsh to do anything else I feel.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

makka-setan posted:

I'll need a good triple tree stand

Fast forward 7 years of multiple street bike, track bike and dirt bike ownership and you'll go loving mad trying to find a home for all your stands.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Made the last payment. Huzzah.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Its a dirt bike so.. Always something to be fixed/replaced. This week it's two tires, two tubes and an air filter.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Contacts are fine, but LASIK is loving amazing.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I went in with 'if I'm ever without my glasses and lost in the woods or something I'm hosed' and left with 20/10 super human sight.

Worth every penny.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Why would you remove the best looking exhaust in recent history?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

:v: Boat anchor

Post a BMI of 16 or less or admit how wrong you are

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Yep, I'm in. The open days are as good as it gets.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Digital_Jesus posted:

It got a proper wash, chain scrub/lube, and polish. The motul stuff is pretty decent. It's smooth and shiny now.

I love your bike

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Bike looks great

Gunna shunt you off turn 6 with my supermoto

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

HotCanadianChick posted:

So.... basically the same amount of time it takes to bleed the brakes without them?

Any argument against speed bleeders is a bad one. Speed bleeders are fantastic. I have all the fancy tools necessary to make bleeding brakes a breeze, and still love them. Every bike in my stable gets them.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I think I still have a track plastic if your collecting spares.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Bought the fucker finally.

Wife's bike showed up 3 months late thanks to an EPA delay (F U Volkswagen).

But it's home now, and awesome.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Might be a perspective thing or my lovely phone, pretty normal proportions in person.

We didn't get home till late tonight, only got to put about 50 miles on it but I'll go in depth in the next few days.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

^^^^ R nineT ?

Dutymode posted:

The headlight on the new 390 is so unfortunate, though.

Yeah? Man, I think they nailed the styling. It looks ace.

I never rode the last 390. This one is up 2 torques! WOO! Also gained like 10 lbs or something.

I'm a tall dude and my body is gravitating towards 'desk job' as I age- I wouldn't call it gutless. It was a doddle to get it up on the rear wheel in 1st, 2nd, 3rd. It hustles to 60. At the end of the day its 40 w/e HP (309 scale weight, according to title) so it's not going to your mind but if you let it be what it is, it's drat good.

The TFT dash is awesome in person. Bluetooth works with the Senna to tell you who's calling and whats playing (portraits and album art). You can skip songs and navigate your phones BT functions by app using the (back lit, nice) controls. All these little features make it seem way fancier than a bike that was a hair under 6k OTD.

Anyway, the most important thing is my wife is absolutely enamored with it. It fits her frame really well, feels a bit like a dirt bike, loud styling and has plenty of punch to get silly with.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Send your ECU to Nels at 2wheeldynoworks, it takes about 4 days including shipping and you can find coupon codes or sales on the various bike forums so it costs around $250 or so. You'll never regret spending that money.

My brother did it on his FJ09 and I did my FZ10 and both are night and day better in every way.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Keep the DB killer in

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

DB killers are good.

Unrelated, the exhaust for my RSV4 came.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It's real real good.

It's a 2013 Factory APRC Z3n picked up for lolol cheap and buddy dealed off to me to use as a track bike.

Have a buddy with a 17' Tuono and it may be the finest motorcycle on sale today IMO. 9/10ths the speed of the RSV4 but effortless and comfortable on street and track.

The RSV4 is an absurd bike for the street but phenomenal on a race track.

Now that the last parts have arrived I'll box up all the pretty street plastics and begin the conversion to track bike. New painted plastics, rear sets, said $60 Chinese knock off SC exhaust and Race ECU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

A few details to tidy up but track only conversion is nearly complete and our next go-fast day is booked for a week from now. Yusssssss