Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

FirstCongoWar posted:

I can't wait to read the tips on playing a mute PC in that book.

I just hope I get to run around in a circle for an hour spamming the same spell to level up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Etherwind posted:

My only complaint with (some) games companies is that, frequently, they don't hire proof readers or editors for some of the garbage they put out. Wizards has been guilty of this (I think Complete Psionic was the worst), as has AEG (L5R 3rd Revised).

I actually know a couple of people who bitch about the money-grubbing ways of certain companies, though. The biggest target seems to be Games Workshop.

Care to elaborate of Complete Psionic? I'm just curious.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

for how 'creative' these guys seem to think of themselves, they really can't come up with a few house rules for mounted combat and being a knight? jesus wept

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

DeclaredYuppie posted:

I don't think there has ever been an RPG ever, let alone a D&D edition or suppliment, that made being a mounted knight an interesting or useful option for play.

edit:

play this class if you:
-never want to get off your horse
-want to annoy your fellow players with your insistence that you not get off your horse

I know. First time I picked up a PHB in 3.5 I told the DM I basically wanted to be a ranger with a horse and he told me that in dungeon delving that's not going to really work. I was disappointed. Did I post a 1000+ word rant on the internet about it? gently caress no.

I think the only thing that fighting mounted gave you (unless your mount was a loving dragon) was a damage multiplier on a charge.

Still, this thread amazes me with what people will whine about instead of just ignoring it and playing their games.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Red_Mage posted:

You can build a half decent charger with a bizarre combination of plus to charge items. The build is made irrelevant though as soon as you realize that the battle leaper feat makes your move action into an attack and you proceed to be a final fantasy dragoon.

Oh, I know all about that from the optimization boards on WOTC. Guy made a half-orc barbarian frenzied berserker with all those crazy feats and magic items that give him a full attack when he charged. Would make upwards 16,000 damage in a round with +60 to hit on each one. Without crits.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Mikan posted:

Here's a simply connection.

gently caress

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

if you like 4th edition you are 15

it all makes sense now.

zomg fail fag 4e ftw

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Michaelos posted:

The best way to do this that I have found is to have the weaker characters be followers of classic adventurer characters. Then I allow "Follower adventures" where the followers are doing low level poo poo while the classic people are out rescuing people from Gods, killing Epic undead, or whatever.

That being said, the one fight that had the 0 Hp Frail weakling versus her duplicate was hilarious. It's very interesting seeing someone fight when at full health taking a standard action will make them start bleeding to death.

I attack with my dagger!
*skin ruptures

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Red_Mage posted:

Every now and then I am rewarded for clicking the forums google ads

http://www.gk2gk.com/?gclid=CKGW8-Png5oCFRo-awodMk4oLQ

gentlemen,

my god

im pretty easy going, threw my freinds i have found out im one of those hard to find guys that every woman supposedly wants, but then why am i alone? well anyway my favorite hobbie is boffer fighting. my group meets weekly and i just cant think of anything els i would rather be doing. i do have a daughter so i hope that doesnt scare anyone away. i just love anime some of my favs are inuyasha, DBX, Gundam Wing.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I'll start it here or in GBS. Fairly sure it'd be successful either way

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Etherwind posted:

Here would be better.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3123194

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Ambivalent posted:

I'll have my sheet in later.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Actual question: In 4th if you slide/push/pull someone through an area effect it doesn't hit them? I'm actually surprised if that's true.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Mikan posted:

Other people corrected the dude and made fun of him.

Good. I imagine that's a pretty powerful tactic and I figured it'd be awesome to pull off. And if it was the other way I'd houserule it to work.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Fuego Fish posted:

that at least follows dnd logic.

, this is D&D get your new age crystal poo poo out.

But after looking at it, wizards really doesn't give a drat about the game.

Too good to be real. No one is this retarded

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

lastexyle posted:

I unironically agree with most of this, should I be worried? :(

Think of 4th whatever way you want to. It's about how much you sperg at your keyboard hating WOTC for trying to make money and looking at 2nd edition like it was god's gift to humanity, etc

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Joe Anglican posted:

"I use endurance, because I am putting up with this crap".
_____/
:smug:

stealing this next time I play

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

from now on, when I get frustrated over not getting a job, I will no longer think "at least I don't flip burgers". I will think "at least I'm not dumb enough to try and DM for money"

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

jesus wept

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I mean, I'm sure the guy isn't all that dumb and is probably really down on his luck, but COME ON. DMing a GAME for food?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Mikan posted:

Seems like the tin-foil hat wearing crazies were right. WotC did make D&D into a collectible card/miniatures game. And they stole an idea from the GW playbook: constant rules update requiring you to keep buying and buying.

hahahahaha

(still current from 1996)

(still current from 1998 I think)

You can rip on GW for a lot of things: the prices, unclear rules, retarded tournament rules, etc. But constant rule updates? I wish they pumped out supplements half as fast as WOTC. But if they didn't take their time it wouldn't be as high of quality anymore.

shiiiiiit

crime fighting hog fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 17, 2009

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

anyone who wants to be paid for their work is a whore

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

opaopa13 posted:

"Wizards are so powerful in 3.5 that the DM is forced to suppress them to prevent them from instantly winning, why do people have anything against 3.5 wizards."

"Marking is a great improvement to the battle system, unfortunately it bears a slight resemblance to a mechanic used in MMOs and thus is only for preteen boys."

"Limitations on a wizard's ability to control reality shouldn't be written into the rules, players should be allowed to make them up as they go along. Only preteen boys think balance is a good thing."

"Preteen boys. Oral sex."

Also IM A GIRL

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I'm having a hard time taking that to be true because every hobby shop I go into 3.x stuff is on sale at half price soooooo

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Thats ******** in my eyes.

what? making GBS threads?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Everyone I know who played 3rd didn't give a poo poo about components unless we're talking about 5,000 GP diamonds for resurrection and stuff.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Personally, I don't get the 'dumbed down for WOW players' thing because I've watched people play that and have them try to explain to me what's going on and it flies over my head every time.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

My cries for slashfic went unheard :(

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Phuzzy posted:

Goddamn that's a lot of analysis for 'Should I RP lesbians?'.

Well you know he has to be a huge intellectual if he roleplays a female

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I, too, bash on stuff I have no experience with. I write reviews to movies I haven't seen and games I've never played. I also hate everyone I am not friends with and will die alone.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

Holy asperger's.

These guys must not think about pussy very often. Unless it's animated.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

RAPE ISN'T THAT BAD I SHOULD KNOW I'VE HAD FRIENDS WHO'VE BEEN RAPED

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I'd rather live than die!
I'd rather die than live after that!

So... do you guys open the treasure chest or are we done tonight?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I had to google Zydrate after that and now I don't know what the gently caress is this some sort of ARG?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

well I hope all you 4e 'players' (because you are NOT players, youre just cogs in the great machine wi$ards has built to trap your imaginations and take your cash) are happy because you're all mindless pieces of poo poo and not true players like me and my group. Though we don't call it our gaming group no we call ourselves our adventuring party names I tell everyone I work with at wal-mart that and they just look down at me but when I become supervisor they'll know. Oh they'll know about the crimson blades! Back to my attractive girlfriend...

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

This whole 'HARDCORE GAMER/DM' thing is just about the silliest loving thing I've ever...

Currently Smoking: the chronic

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

'LISTEN, IF BLACKLEAF DIDN'T WANT TO GET RAPED THEN YOU SHOULDN'T OF GIVEN HER A 14 CHARISMA'

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > TG Discussion > The Troll Pigeon Trainer Rapes at Midnight

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Drox posted:

why is there self-censorship in another rape-glorifying post? who knows?

Cause some poo poo is just wrong you depraved loony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

Material:
This is a bit more subjective. The 4.0 books are made of a lower quality paper and ink. Even a full year after I purchased my books the ink still smuges easily. This was a problem I never had with 3.5. Also within my group within 1 month of play we had three broken bindings between about 15 books total. That excedes the 3.5 binding problems for 5+ years for the same group.

MAYBE IF YOUR HANDS WEREN'T GREASY AS gently caress