Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

As someone who rides and competes with dirtbikes exclusively, I do not see how having any supermoto, be it reliable or race machine, a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

I'd love to get into racing but it just requires such a huge commitment. I don't have the money for a dedicated trackbike, a way to haul it, the entry fees, hotel fees (or camping gear), fuel, enormous amount of rubber, and the time constraints. I literally don't know how you can work a normal 9-5 job and race at the same time, it doesn't seem possible, unless you live right around the corner from a bunch of tracks. I live in Connecticut and my options are Loudon (3.5 hours away) or New Jersey Motorsports Park (4.5 hours away).

It seems like you're either born into a racing family or you're hosed and can't get into it until much later in life when you actually have the means to compete, and by then you're too old to be competitive.

The solution is race dirt.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Today I decided to read the sumo thread. What I learned from this is "backing it in" is pretty much the exact same process by which I do a J turn on my dirtbike, except I do that standing up.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

As a person who aggressively rides dirt, and rides on the street once every other weekend for a spell, which supermoto is right for me?

I was just thinking of converting a Honda CRF450, but I'm not sure that's actually a money saver.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

First track time on the new sumo. poo poo's lit.

That thing looks neat.

What the heck is going on with all the lines running to the bottle up front? I don't know supermoto atall.

• Locked thread