Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=88535

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Yeah, it's cool as hell, but I still can't help cringing at the thought of the punishment that the suspension internals are getting - mostly that "landing" picture where both ends are bottomed out and the front tyre squished flat. It almost looks like the rim is flexing slightly.

Worth it though

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 3, 2009

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
No mention of weight reduction :(

NCR managed to shave 42Kg off the weight of the standard hypermotard, despite putting in a larger engine making 42Hp more than standard (NCR Leggera Course 1200 if anyone wants to look it up and drool - it's what the hypermotard should have been, even if just the weight).

It saddens me that manufacturers come up with large capacity "motards" and naked versions of their sportbikes, the bulk of which somehow end up being significantly heavier than their faired counterparts.

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Sep 17, 2009

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Yeah, I understand that the pricing gets silly quite quickly, it just always gets to me that Japanese maufacturers can make such lightweight sportbikes and do so at a low-to-reasonable price - whilst on the other hand, Japanese naked bikes, and the range of European large capacity "motards" all seem to somehow end up heavier than you'd expect in comparison.

• Locked thread