Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn
KTM 690 is by far the best sumo bike for street riders. It has the power of a race 450 (about 60hp) and it has the durability of the drz. Plus it's only 307lbs!

They're popping up on various boards for sale used by now. If I wasn't spending money on racing I'd probably have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn

AkrisD posted:

Do you know the monster you've created man?! I had finally decided on a nice DRZ-SM, and figured KTMs and whatnot were out of my league, but now for just a little bit more I can have this awesome machine, either in Duke form or SM trim.

ha! Both are solid bikes, but the KTM is a noticeable step up.

Duke vs SM: is that just deciding if you want clip-ons or a regular handlebar?

e; I've had the pleasure of riding a 690 Enduro around for about 300 miles. I was giggling so much it hurt. I can't imagine having 17" sportbike tires on that beast.

Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Whats the easiest way to get the bike on a stand?

Lifting it sucks, especially by yourself and having no previous dirt bike history either doesn't help either. Was hoping that having it on the stand would ease my roommates worries or hitting one of the bark busters while she was parking in the garage but not the whole bike is no where near the wall anymore.

One hand under the side of the rear fender, other hand on the grip. Bend knees like you're doing a 1/4 squat and place hip against bike in the airbox area. Pull rear fender towards your body to tilt bike on your hip. Lift with legs. Pivot bike on front tire onto stand.

Practice.

Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn

Gnaghi posted:

This poo poo is never ending with my local place and their regs. Safety wire is required on everything. How the hell am I supposed to safety wire a masterlink clip? They're talking about the chain right? Also new is "heat resistant" catch cans, which means I have to spend $100 on them instead of making my own. The rules also call for numbers on the bike and your loving name on your loving race suit...I'm really going to assume that is just for racing. I'm going there tomorrow, without my bike, and getting the straight poo poo and maybe get kicked out too. :argh:

Rivet style master links.

Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn

Z3n posted:

Id just get a mount welded on and toss on another heat shield.

Or just buy a pipe guard that attaches with normal, easy to install clamps like every other pipe guard?

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24_34/products_id/1170

• Locked thread