Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

That gen of lc4 should go the distance, no problem. 2 guys on adv have done basically RTW on them, 37k miles on them with no major issues. Check their thread on adv.

Dammit, that is not what I wanted to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Could you squeeze the DR650 lump into a DRZ400?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Exactly. BUT, a DRZ 780 would be sweet if for no other reason than to see how it is.

Gets it.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
AWD supermoto anyone?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Snowdens Secret posted:

Where did you see a V-strom rebadged as a Kawasaki?

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/Kawasaki_klv1000%2004.htm

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So just how bad good bad ridiculous an idea would this be: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Husqvarn...=item2a1b77b365

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Street hoonage

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Looks cool though

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Gnaghi posted:

Good Huskys are out there, they just tend to be 450/510s instead of 610s, which are really rare. And while the 510s like to blow up regularly, the 450s seem to hold together pretty well (mine will self-destruct now that I typed that).

How maintainence heavy are the Husky 450s? Oil changes/valve checks in miles or hours? Due to their learner-legal status (yes, I'm aware how :stare: that is) they're pretty popular in my state, unlike the 610s.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Are the street models sold with a restrictor or softer engine maps or similar? Or are the "full power engines" modified from the street version?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

Those are basically just stock forks with an Ohlins sticker on them. They don't have the high end Ohlins valving/etc, it's the same as the "Ohlins" forks that are on the Daytona 675R or whatever, the OEM spec Ohlins are budget versions of their stuff, which basically makes it the same as every other suspension company out there.

That's why he's having a hell of a time selling them at half the price of what a typical set of aftermarket Ohlins forks would go for.

Small sidenote: The 675R has proper NIX30 forks, not the usual R&T garbage.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Opinions: 2004 KTM 640, as a daily rider. Bad idea, good idea? Compared to everyone's favourite DRZ400SM?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What's the maintenance schedule on those engines like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I might continue the search then.

• Locked thread