Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

Zool posted:

Not to mention the license plate.

I got a ticket when I was riding down in Florida because my license plate rattled itself off and I didn't know it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Phat_Albert posted:

I may be tempted to take it to one of the SM trackdays that they hold up in Road America on the kart track, but that'd be it.

Do they still do that? Last time I was over there in August for American LeMans, the dirt half of the track looked pretty drat un-used.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hey EX250 Type R can I bug you about your XR100 set up? I have one with a 120 kit on it, and they're doing tons of $40 open track days on the kart track at Road America. I know you do a mix of dirt and tarmac and the kart track is all tarmac, but what are you doing for forks/springs and tires? Are you doing anything with the rear shock too?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:stonk: another Wisconsin goon? Whereabouts are you?

I'm out in Waukesha, about an hour from RA. Mostly do track riding and racing at the moment

EX250 Type R posted:

100/90-16 BT45s are the gold standard for tires with a 16" XR80 front wheel. Right now I have a 110/90-16 Pirelli Sport Demon rear tire and I think the offset tire size is better than when I had both the same but I feel like the BT45s have been stickier. I swapped a BBR spring on the rear shock and kept my stock fork springs but increased the oil weight (Maxima 20wt filled to 4" from the top). Short throw CR80/85 throttle tube and cable is a great mod and don't forget about gearing up/down to suit the track.

Right on, thanks!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

As I mentioned earlier, I'm working on setting up my XR100 to do supermoto track days at the kart track at Road America, because my friend wanted to do them on his DRZ. Now that I'm starting to collect parts together to convert it to supermoto, he keeps trying to get me to go on supermoto rides with the supermoto hooligan gang through downtown Milwaukee and poo poo.

For some reason he can't fathom why I won't ride a small dirtbike out on public roads and private property without owners' permission. :doh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Just be like me in my road racing adventures, race for many years until everyone that beats you gets bumped up to Expert status!

Then you get to win everything and get bumped to Expert status too, and get smoked all over again :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Oh yeah, totally agree with you. I pretty much avoid Milwaukee altogether anyway.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Question: What's the best way to source supermoto rims? I want to throw a set on my CRF250R because it turns out there's gently caress-all for dirtbike riding in Wisconsin, but we do have kart tracks that do supermoto days. Is my best bet to scour eBay or Craigslist? What's a good width for fronts and rears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I've never really thought of using alloys from something else. I guess what I'm wondering if I can snag 17" rims and lace them to stock hubs or not, rather then buying a hilariously expensive set of ~supermoto~ wheels.

• Locked thread