Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between a normal DRZ400 and a DRZ400SM? Aside from cosmetics, tires, and suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Guys, I have the option (and the cash) to buy either a husky SM610 or a drz400sm in the next 3 months. Has anyone had any experience with the husky? There's a few for sale in my area, which is really unusual given my area has one of the worst motorcycle markets around.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Z3n posted:

They're not quite as balls to the wall as the KTMs, but definitely an upgrade from the DRZ...basically, I'm into tinkering so I went with the DRZ, and when it's done it should be fairly comparable to the Husky, both in performance and in overall price. On the flip side, the Husky won't require any serious mods and will pretty much be ready to go from the start.

I'm not as much of a tinkerer...what bits and bobs have you added/modified?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Spiffness posted:

Buy the Husky if you want more balls for your dollar. Buy the DRZ if you want to save money at first, and then spend a lot of money upgrading every component.

The husky 610 sits between the DRZ and the KTM 690 as streetable supermotos. It's got plenty of power (50 HP or so), relatively low weight, good kit (brembo) and a fair bit of personality.

If the cash isn't an obstacle to you, pick one up. You wont regret it.

Cool! I'll have to give one a test drive in the next couple of weeks.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

The used bike market in Australia is pretty hosed, especially for supermotos. You really might as well buy new because no matter what you're buying, whether its a DRZ, a 690 or a loving GS1200 it probably will only cost you an extra couple of grand.

• Locked thread