Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Phat_Albert posted:

If you currently ride a DRZ, you owe it to yourself to install an FCR39MX carb. Its like a motor swap.

I ride an 06 DRZ400sm, and I was curious about this carb. How hard is it to install, and what parts do I need? Also, what is the 3x3 airbox mod? I've been riding my bike bone stock for about six months now, and I'd like to step up the power some. I have to agree with everyone else though, this bike is so much fun it should be illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

pr0zac posted:

It took me and my friend about three hours to get the carb in and ready to go. Its definitely worth the money, though keep in mind you'll need new throttle cables also. The airbox mod is 10 minutes with a knife at most, though you'll need to screw with jetting afterwards which can be a bit of a bitch.

Has anyone taken the charcoal canister off a California model DRZ? Trying to decide if its worth the trouble. I hear it cleans up throttle response and drops 4lbs.

I disconnected the charcoal canister when I put on the clarke tank but I haven't removed it yet. It seems like the throttle response is better, but its hard to tell. I'll probably take it all off tonight, its just useless extra weight.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

pr0zac posted:

I only get about 100 miles until I hit reserve, though I'm pretty much railing the thing constantly. DRZ400SM + http://www.clarkemfg.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CM&Product_Code=11409&Category_Code=suzuki will get you some range, but its really not what supermotos are about. If you wanna do long distances comfortably consider the V-Strom or SV, if you want to be, as Gr3y put it, "cackling like a maniac from start to finish" get a supermotard.

I've put this tank on my 06 DRZ400SM, and I'm very satisfied. The range on the metal tank was just a little too short to do the day rides I like, so I switched it over. It was really easy to install and the plastic tank is considerably lighter then the metal tank (until you fill up the extra 3 gallons). I've taken my SM from san diego to huntington beach and that is about as far as I could ride it comfortably. The bike just isn't set up for long freeway travel.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

pr0zac posted:

Got any pictures? I put a small hole in my tank that I repaired with JB weld and I'm considering replacing it with the Clarke's tank, just seems to look a little goofy to me.

Sure I'll put up some pics when I get home. Honestly it doesn't look that much different then the regular metal tank, and its nice because you can see how much gas you have left. My only complaint is that when the tank gets low, the gas on the right side won't flow over to the left side. You have to put it up on the kickstand and tilt it over.

• Locked thread