Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Certain/all ktms are known for sprag clutch wonkiness anyway aren't they??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

Somehow the sumo reality is better than the sumo fantasy. :aaaaa:

It absolutely is, glad you're having fun and taking it off the pavement! Its pretty amazing how far regular street tires will get you off-road, right?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, it has a super huge band clamp on it and just pulls off once its loosened

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol if anyone thought it might be reasonably priced

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JB50 posted:

That light/signal cluster on the tail is ugly as gently caress. Looks like an afterthought.

They're all afterthoughts on every bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah and a sticker kit really doesn't mean anything, they are ridiculously popular for supermotos. It's not as much of an indicator s it would be on any other type of bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The license limit is 49hp, not the bike itself

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

T-Square posted:

Hey EX250 Type R can I bug you about your XR100 set up? I have one with a 120 kit on it, and they're doing tons of $40 open track days on the kart track at Road America. I know you do a mix of dirt and tarmac and the kart track is all tarmac, but what are you doing for forks/springs and tires? Are you doing anything with the rear shock too?

:stonk: another Wisconsin goon? Whereabouts are you?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just north of MKE here, so we aren't far.

Mostly doing commuting and errand running and other such dadriding right now :reject:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

T-Square posted:

As I mentioned earlier, I'm working on setting up my XR100 to do supermoto track days at the kart track at Road America, because my friend wanted to do them on his DRZ. Now that I'm starting to collect parts together to convert it to supermoto, he keeps trying to get me to go on supermoto rides with the supermoto hooligan gang through downtown Milwaukee and poo poo.

For some reason he can't fathom why I won't ride a small dirtbike out on public roads and private property without owners' permission. :doh:

Also now is a super not good time to be loving with law enforcement in Milwaukee

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KTM: Ready to Race Stall on the Starting Grid

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pilot powers are like THE DrzSM tire

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kim Jong ill posted:

Just got my license and bought a 2010 DRZ400SM, how long until I'm backing it in? This is very important, I need to look cool!

Day one

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do not buy the Suzuki gel seat. It is somehow worse than stock.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Corbin is good on the DRZ if you want a wider-flatter surface to sit on. My first DRZ had a Corbin, and it wasn't terrible. The worst part about it was it was the goofy faux carbon fiber and was slippery as all hell, which is not what you want on a supermoto.

If you get a Corbin, just get the grippy surface, they offer a few.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do the JD over the dynojet

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah the r&d flexjet owns. I have never had a bike with as many cool carb options as the DRZ

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Especially since the stock carb and the FCR carb don't have coast enricheners, so popping on deceleration is normal and also cool.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uh can't you two swap rims?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, Behr wheels are only slightly harder than the rubber on the tires. Run Warp 9's, they're fine. I've seen bent steel rims, it can happen no matter the brand.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You get a surprising amount of grip if the dirt is dry. When it's mud, or even dry-ish clay, it's usually out the window.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Step 1): buy RXV
2) stick a ninja 650 motor in it
3) sell stock motor and recoup money on the incredibly slim chance the stock motor runs
4) profit (probably not, but maybe break even)
5) enjoy a reliable bike with top notch suspension and brakes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MomJeans420 posted:

How is that even a thing, or remotely acceptable?

Listen buddy the bike is perfectly fine as long as you replace a known bad part constantly that the factory won't stand behind until you get sick of it and upgrade to a Yamaha part.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My dudes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have an iPhone 6 I can offer for it. Not like that other lowballing scum

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

I'm really coming around on the DRZ, and I used to hate them. Saw a White/blue new DRZ-SM the other day and it was A) Beautiful and, B) Tiny. I'd daily one, for sure.

I get A), I'm with you there. How big did you think DRZ's were? It's a 450-class bike after all.

I feel you on the whole selling a supermoto thing. When I sold my last DRZ, the guy who bought it handed over cash, seemed super excited, and had it up on Craigslist the very next day.

I reached out to him just to see what was up, I didn't care, I had my cash, but I hoped it didn't randomly blow up on him or something weird, I'd feel a little bad since I extolled it's reliability to him.

His answer? "I took it out in the woods and it is not good in the mud with that crotch rocket tire, I need something good in the mud"

:psypop:

At that point I realized he didn't "get" the bike at all and just wished him GLWS.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m pretty sure that exists in the us, maybe only in major metro areas. Straight up “van pulls up bike is gone” thefts are much rarer here than in the UK and other countries, simply because bikes are not primary transportation here like they are in other parts of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Another DRZ. Everyone does it

• Locked thread