Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker
I really have nothing to go by as far as used prices on these motorcycles. There's a used 2006 drzsm a few hours away the guy wants 3100 I'm thinking that's way on the highside, it seems mostly stock with a few cosmetic things done. Related how much should I expect to pay at a dealer for last years model at the end of the riding season, I'm trying to avoid new, but sumos aren't popular at all around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker
16600 but from what I gather that's not to bad for this engine. I don't know why I think that's high mabye I need to stop comparing it to some of the fancier sms or sport bikes, Can't wait msf this weekend homefully no one snipes this thing from me

Kallikrates fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 22, 2009

Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker
I feel the same way and will probably sit on both bikes, my coworker was a somewhat experienced rider and just died in a motorcycle wreck, it's made things weird.

Kallikrates
Jul 7, 2002
Pro Lurker

NitroSpazzz posted:

This thread has fallen too far off the front page...

Today I decided I was going to go look at some Motards because I guess I don't like having a license. The local yama/kawi shop was having a demo day so I lucked out. Rode a new Yamaha WR250X and really enjoyed it. The demo route was slow and I was put in the back of the group but it was still fun. Very light and flickable, suspension was great and the front brakes are amazing. Not a ton of power but it feels pretty well balanced and I enjoyed revving the hell out of it. There were two things I didn't like about it. First the seat was hard as hell which I expected, would replace this if I picked one up I think. And second was the seat height...I'm too drat short. It was set at about half way on the seat adjustment and I wasn't comfortable on it at all when stopped. The one in the showroom was set lower and felt a lot better to me.

After that I headed over to the Suzuki dealership to look at a DRZ400SM. And found out again that I am too drat short. I swung a leg over but it was between bikes and I didn't feel like knocking over a row of bikes so I didn't stand it up. Looks like a friend picked one up so I may go sit on his.

So what options are there for lowering these bikes a bit without killing the handling and ground clearance? Or should I just buy a milk crate to tote around and quit being a pussy? I'm 5'6 with a 28-29" inseam.

I only have an extra inch of inseam and fit on a drz fine, two tip toes or one flat foot. My seat is stock but broken in and soft.

• Locked thread