Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Looks like you 2016 husky 701 SM owners can get a power commander now if riding with no baffle is your thing.

Edit: I see their installation manual PDF says it's for the 2017 701 SM, probably a mistake.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

High Protein posted:

Husky 701 owners: there'll be a tuning kit for the '17 701 released this month. It includes a new airbox, exhaust, tuning, emissions equipment removal. Part no. 27012945000. Don't know how the airbox is different from the stock one, my hunch is it just doesn't include openings for the emissions hoses. The air filter cover is different too, but it looks like it's the same one that's been a 690 power part for ages.

At ~850 bucks it's relatively cheap, cheaper than just the exhaust (which is identical to the one in the kit) for the 2016 model.

Hopefully we'll be able to get kits without exhaust since I'm sure everyone bought the cheaper Wings one any way.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nice. I'll call my dealer later this month.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I saw the following post on ADVRider about someone calling powercommander asking if the current PCV for the '16 Husky 701 works with the '17 model, and they said yes.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2016-husqvarna-701-super-moto-and-enduro.1086621/page-451#post-31355061

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm gonna get 17" warp9 wheels for my 701 this year this is gonna be great.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Jazzzzz posted:

I like it.

Is that a Hyosung on the lift behind your 701? Did you buy it at some sort of mega-dealer? The very few Husky shops in my area basically only sell dirt bikes and quads, and usually carry Husky and either KTM or Polaris

That's a photo most likely taken in the dealership's service area, not High Protein's garage. Husqvarna's website has a list of all their authorized dealers, I had to preorder and put a deposit down on my 701. I was too impatient so I switched to the Enduro model but a set of wheels will take care of that.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I recently received some Warp 9 SM wheels, I love them and they look great. Before I put my new rims on, I'd like to prep them up for tubeless so I ordered some 3M 4412N tape. I'm new to doing tire changes let alone sealing a spoked wheel so I'll probably get leaks on the first try but that's alright.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Thanks so much for the advice, man. I'm gonna be going REAL slow on this, that's for sure! There's nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment when you do it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The front tire was a bitch to set the bead! I tried using a ratchet strap, soap, hairdryer, nothing worked until I blasted the tire up to like 115 psi then finally POP POP!
If these things continue to hold 35psi after 24 hours, I'll get them balanced.

• Locked thread