Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
The local used bike/Benelli bike dealership has this pretty sweet looking SM for $7k. It's a BMW G650 with like 250 miles on it.. I don't think I'm about to trade my Buell and/or KLR in just yet, but I'd considered it a time or two.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

stizu posted:

350lbs dude. Your klr doesn't weight that much does it? I know that the klr is a poor choice for conversion, but if you think that the bmw might suit you, you could just buy a bigger front brake and a set of seventeens. Maybe later, change the suspension.

edit: for about the same price you can likely get a husky 510 new, it makes about the same power and should weigh about 100lbs less.
wow, 350? that's nuts, I don't see how something that small would weigh that much. Is the exhaust made of lead?

I wasn't considering converting the KLR necessarily for the exact reasons you talked about.. it can be done, but the ones i've seen look a little :pwn: and frankly, I lack the facilities for much mechanical work at my condo.

I'll probably stick with my Buell for now, as it's does as well cruising on the highways and still does pretty well through curves too. I may consider a DRZ400, but likely in the -E setup for dual-sporting. There's a bit of job-insecurity floating around at my company right now though, so I need to make sure I still have a job before making any other bike changes. :(

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Ziploc posted:

How the heck do you hide that when you get the ticket? Or are those completely legal where you are?
Radar detectors are only illegal to use in Washington DC and Virginia. That doesn't mean the cop won't give you a ticket automatically if they see it, but at least you won't get a ticket for having it on top of the wheelie, burnouts and excessive speeding.

• Locked thread